“Stayed Here Twice, Excellent Experience Both Times”

Hyatt Place UC Davis
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Davis
San Francisco, California
“Stayed Here Twice, Excellent Experience Both Times”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stayed here with my family and I'm staying here by myself now. The service has always been great, the rooms clean and modern and the amenities were underutilized and excellent. Parking might be a problem during a big event like picnic day but not most of the time. Breakfast was great last time, I don't know why it wouldn't be this time. Keep up the good work but maybe work on the prices a little. It would be even better if I drank coffee, there's a Starbucks-seeming café in the lobby! I only put average because coffee shops aren't anything special, just rare(and convenient) here. Don't let me forget about the loaner bicycles!

Still a good value, an excellent hotel on campus!

Room Tip: Request a room away from the construction, it starts early
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Menifee, California
Reviewed September 22, 2013

During the past few months I have stayed at the UC Davis Hyatt Place on a few occasions. The staff is very customer service orientated. The onsite menu is suited more towards lunch appetizers and evening snacks and is a great choice for those who want to remain at the hotel. However, for those who want to venture out to the town of Davis the hotel provides a complimentary shuttle to locations within Davis, CA. There are a lot of great local eateries in Davis, CA and the shuttle gives travelers the latitude for being dropped off and/or picked up from a local location. For those who are connoisseurs of local/microbrews the hotel carries Sudwerks, my favorite, the Marzen. But I digress, the only drawback that I have had which this particular Hyatt Place is that sometime over a multiple night stay there are problems getting back onto the network. Overall I like this hotel for its' consistency, convenience and cleanliness.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are smaller than the other rooms.
1 Thank Y T
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed September 21, 2013

New Hyatt with very nice spacious rooms. Staff friendly, breakfast very tasty. Less than a mile to walk to the main township. No room service, but order food and pickup on a tray from the bar area. Swimming pool small but refreshing. Recommended

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I had a 5 day stay at the Hyatt Place on the campus of UC Davis. The hotel was clean and well-appointed. There is no restaurant on the property; however, the Galley concept for dining was unusual and a welcome variation. Of course, the downtown Davis area is a quick 1 mile walk and is loaded with dining and drinking establishments to choose from. If you are not up for the walk, the hotel provides courtesy van service on a first-come basis.

I had a room with two queen beds and found it spacious. The TV swiveled to provide viewing from the sofa in the "living area" or the beds. The bathtub was a slippery to me, but the staff quickly provided a mat, solving my concern.

The real winner for me at this location was the staff. Friendly, courteous, professional and very helpful. Certainly one of the best overall hotel staffs I have encountered anywhere. In particular, Kerry at the front desk was quick with a smile and very professional. I had occasion to watch her work when a large influx of incoming guests arrived from out-of-country during the breakfast hours. Some problem arose during check-in and Kerry stepped in, solved the problem and made the foreign visitors welcome. Nicely done.

I highly recommend this hotel.

San Jose, CA
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed for two nights at the Hyatt Place while attending an event on the UC Davis campus. There are bikes available for guests to use; however, we just chose to walk to our designation, and it was only 10-15 minutes. There are undoubtedly cheaper options in town, but you really can't beat this hotel for convenient access to campus.

The staff was very friendly and helpful any time we had a question. The room is compact, but didn't feel crowded. We did enjoy the breakfast bar both days we were there and were pleasantly surprised by the variety and quality of the food.

The one negative: I needed to do some work while I was there, and the wireless access is very finicky. I had difficulty establishing and maintaining a connection though the strength of the wireless was not an issue. The front desk confirmed that others experience the same issues. Otherwise, it was a great stay and I would return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, IL
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Hyatt Place has become my go-to hotel due to the friendly service and the layout of the hotel and rooms. This location was no exception. We were greeted warmly on arrival, offered a tour of the hotel and set up in a nice, clean, two-queen room with the Hyatt comfy couch. We chose dinner from the Galley and the food was very good. Breakfast is limited but the AM skillet options have improved.

For visiting UC Davis, there is no better location as the hotel is right on campus.

Room Tip: The hotel is being expanded in August 2013 so you may want to ask for a room away from the construct...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Bay
Reviewed August 14, 2013

My daughter and I stayed at Hyatt place for seven weeks during June/July. The rooms were very clean and the staff very friendly. The breakfast was excellent too. Ingrid and Elaine were very nice and always enquired if we needed anything to make our stay more comfortable. Thanks Ingrid and Elaine! A shout-out to the front desk staff - Kerry, Peng, Tiffany, Soli and Jessica. Thanks to Lisa and Kathy too. We loved this place and will definitely be back if we're in the area!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business