“Best pancakes EVER”

Black Bear Diner
Ranked #9 of 208 Restaurants in Davis
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The residents of Davis certainly love their home-cooked meals… and that’s exactly where Black Bear Diner comes in. We make sure that every meal delivered to your table is the very best that it can be, and that you always receive the most exemplary service around. We invite you to bring your family and friends to our lovely diner. You’ll be glad you did.
Reviewed September 28, 2012

The pancakes here are absolutely AWESOME. They make two different kinds of pancakes. Their regular ones are sweet cream, and they are light and fluffy and fantastic. The other ones are almond/granola pancakes, and they are very filling and really good. I usually ask for one of each, and I can never finish them. The servings are huge. We also go for dinner once in a while, but I still have the pancakes!

Reviewed September 25, 2012

My wife and I were visiting Davis in July and stopped here to eat. I had an omlette and my wife had ham & eggs. The biscuits here were huge! The meals here are also huge! and the prices are very reasonable. I think it actually cost us less to go here than a Dennys! You will also love the atmosphere here! I have attached several pictures for your enjoyment. There is REAL orange juice here as well. The waitresses are very nice and cooks very talented.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Great burgers and shakes. French Fries so-so. Good service. Good prices. Varied menu so it is sure to please everyone.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

This is a good place with pretty decent food. It still has the flavor of a chain restaurant, no matter how much they try to part from this impression, but nonetheless, it is a good place to eat and I will be back again.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

When we drive ten miles to Davis this is the first restaurant we think of. Comfortable, fine service, portions are generous to a fault. Try the Eggs Benedict, marvelous. Free WiFi in case your conversation gives out.

Been to Black Bear Diner? Share your experiences!