“Call hotel directly to make a reservation”

University Park Inn and Suites
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Davis
Reviewed May 12, 2012

I made a reservation through the hotel's website for Friday night. I received an e-mail with my "guaranteed" reservation number. When we arrived, the receptionist said the reservation was for Thursday night and they had already charged our credit card for a "no show". I showed her my printed confirmation e-mail, but she insisted the reservation was for Thursday. She even said "I'm not sure who's fault this is". She eventually agreed to credit us for Thursday and called other hotels in town to find us another room. We never got an apology. It appears their online booking system and the hotel's reservation system are two different things. Do they copy reservations from one system to the other by hand??? If you're bold enough to stay here, make the reservation by phone!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank RobertD1

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Hotel is set up so it emphasizes the gritty and grimy in the bucolic countryside town of Davis. The livingroom is barren, a table with a lamp. A couch. No design, no furnishings. The basics, yes, and a smallish flatscreen. But one wishes for more locks on the door.
The bedroom was better, but still on the bare side.
The bathroom and the bedroom were clean, clean linens and towels, too.

Opens on to a major 5-lane road from the freeway, the train behind it and the freeway to its other side.

At $159.00 before taxes, cannot recommend and would not stay again.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 14, 2011

I made a reservation online for a Saturday night but when arriving at the hotel, they had it in their computer for Sunday night. (Good thing I printed and brought with me a copy of my confirmation!) They did find a room for us but not after first offering us a smaller 'pet friendly' room and then put us in a different room than I reserved. Wasn't what worked for us since we were traveling with our children, but it was the only thing they had available. Lots of street noise and trains blowing their horns about every 30 minutes. Some type of a party in the park woke us at 2:00 a.m.! Hot water in the shower made a horrible sound going through the pipes and breakfast was so so. Will not stay there again

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 29, 2011

I stayed here after purchasing a Groupon and couldn't believe what my boyfriend and I got in return. Our room felt brand new, and while I can't say if all rooms have a separate living room - along with its own TV - and kitchenette area, we sure got one. The bed was clean and comfy, and there was a small back porch area accessible through a door in the bedroom.

They kindly checked us in early when we arrived before noon, our room had working wifi, and they offered a decent enough continental breakfast the next morning (especially if you like the waffle machine, ha). The pool also looked enticing, although in the end unfortunately we didn't have enough time to check it out.

I'd definitely consider paying full price and staying here again if I ever find myself staying overnight in Davis again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
palmcourt2011, Guest Relations Manager at University Park Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2011

Hello, thank you for your review of your recent stay, and appreciate the feedback. I am so glad you enjoyed your time with us, and we look forward to serving you again.

Best regards,

Matthew Silver
Royal Guest Hotels

Reviewed March 8, 2011

We stayed one night- two room suite... large, clean, comfortable with 2 TVs, comfortable beds and a good location. Helpful front desk with good restaurant recommendation. Yes, there is an occasional train- they are a minor footnote. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
palmcourt2011, Director of Sales at University Park Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2011

Hello, and thank you very much for your feedback from your stay at University Park Inn & Suites. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Davis.

Best regards,
Matthew Silver
Director of Revenue & Sales
Royal Guest Hotels

Reviewed November 2, 2010

My parnter and I were in Davis to take a weekend course through the UC Extention. The hotel was just a few blocks away from our class and just a few blocks away from downtown. Upon arrival we were greeted and told that our room was booked at the manager's rate instead of AAA. We received a significant discount for no reason at all. Slept great, bed was super comfortable. The room was clean comfortable. We booked the jacuzzi suite and it was pretty awesome. The continental breakfast was sufficient, coffee, juice, cereal and pasteries. The best part was they did have a waffle iron to make your own waffles. We would stay here again in a heart beat!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank ksharp
Reviewed October 13, 2010

We asked for a quiet room and were assigned one in the single-story section at the rear of the hotel. Room was large, immaculate; beds were great (two kings). Shower was basic but good. The hotel provided a continental breakfast but it wasn't too inspiring; they seemed to be out of juice by the time we got there (before the cut-off time) and also the counter could've done with a wipe off. The little Italian restaurant across the parking lot is a better option and is also a good place for dinner. The grounds are pretty and well-maintained; I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family