Review Highlights
We went for the view

The Shark Fin Cove Parking lot (which shows as a "P" on Google Maps) does not have signage that we... read more

Reviewed April 13, 2019
LA_dweller
Joshua Tree, California
A great spot for a stop traveling Route 1 from Santa Cruz North...6/30/18

Reviewed July 10, 2018
5inavan
South Deerfield, Massachusetts

All reviews amazing photos google maps be careful great spot parking lot santa cruz degrees stroll shoes waves climb rocks beach south highway ocean stop
Selected filters
Reviewed July 18, 2018

From the cliffs, it looks like a very nice beach. But when you actually hike to the bottom you are surrounded by trash. Beer bottles, water bottles, red solo cups, plates and poop. I thought that it was dog poop, but then I saw the half buried t.p. next to it. Yuck! I guess that's what happens when 100 people visit the beach per day and there are no trash cans or bathrooms . This place needs to clean up their beaches. Very disappointing.

Date of experience: July 2018
4  Thank Melissa W
Reviewed July 10, 2018

My kids found this beautiful spot to enjoy our last sunshine of our 12 day trip as tomorrow and Monday's travel day would be overcast and 60 degrees. Someone had written "Will you marry me?" on the beach that we read from way up above. The rocks were incredible and the weather was perfect.

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

We found this spot on the internet. When we arrived we walked down over the railwaytrack. Then we were on the cliff and the view from here is amazing allthough we went down over a steep and slippery path and downstairs it was just as impressive. We walked al the way to wather but had to stay away from the cliffs as just a piece of it it was broken off.

Date of experience: July 2018
1  Thank steven26111987
Reviewed March 18, 2018

There were only two people other than us so very relaxing morning stroll. Great views and photo opportunities but watch out for sudden waves. Got my shoes and socks wet, amateurishly. Watch out for the steep downhill walk too. Recommended stop on a roadtrip.

Date of experience: March 2018
2  Thank J S
Reviewed January 22, 2018

Great spot to get some amazing photos but you'll have to be careful not to get hurt in the process. In order to get to the beach you'll have to walk down a steep slope so make sure you have the proper shoes. The waves look pretty powerful and there are a lot of rocks so I wouldn't recommend getting in the water. There is a rocky area where people set up to take pictures of the waves crashing, it looks awesome but it is also extremely slippery. If you go stay on the sand and enjoy the view.

If you don't want to walk down the steep slope you can always view the beach and the ocean from above. You'll be on a cliff so I wouldn't get too close to the edge. Not recommended for small children.

Date of experience: January 2018