“Food up to Subway Standards, service..not so much”
Review of Subway

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Subway
Ranked #116 of 146 Restaurants in Dana Point
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Stopped in for a take-out lunch to eat at the harbor. The food was what I wanted and expected, typical Subway good quality. The folks working are in dire need of some coaching, or failing that need to find a different line of work. Probably the least friendly people we encountered during our time in the area. It wasn't like a Soup-Nazi agressive attitude but almost a passive agressive rudeness, as if they were just too lazy for anything else. The customer before me had been told that the store was out of a certain bread, so when my turn came, I asked what choices of bread were available. The woman behind the counter gave me a disgusted look and pointed at the sign listing the options, but wouldn't speak. While making my sandwiches, she seemed to be wishing that she was anywhere but at work.She started wrapping up a sandwich before adding some requested mustard, and when I asked if she could please put some mustard on, I was again rewarded with "the look". She rang up the food, I paid, got my change and left. I'm pretty sure the only words uttered from a Subway employee were to the effect of "what are you having today". Look, I get that maybe it's not their dream job, but at least in this instance, the Subway employees did not represent the company favorably. To their credit, the subs tasted good.

There are newer reviews for Subway

Reviewed March 17, 2013

You know what you are going to get. We grabbed a footlong and some chips to share after watching the sunset. Nice to have a dinner for two under $10.00

1  Thank Mikel54
Reviewed December 22, 2011

Nice to have one here. Same as any other. Good for a quick bite.

1  Thank Jaymaxx
Reviewed March 9, 2008

The food is okay but I have bee over charged there many times. Take a good look at the receipt (you can't see it being rung up.) and check the prices,