“We enjoyed our stay at this quaint hotel in Dana Point”

Best Western Plus Dana Point Inn-By-The-Sea
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Dana Point
Reviewed July 10, 2014

This Best Western was lovely!!! Great location, great view and we love the size of the room! It was a pretty good price for the location, breakfast and size of the room. Very convenient walk to the pedestrian crossing to the beach. Has a lot of restaurants nearby. Lovely area to begin with. Breath taking view. Parking is included and it's on the basement of the building. Staff is very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Pick a room on the second or third floor and overlooking the ocean. It's along Pacific Coast hig...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Dawn T

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Came in late at night, and was instantly greeted by Fernando, the ever happy owner/manager. Over the course of the three days I spent there, including 4th of July I was extremely happy with the stay. The staff was friendly and had anything I needed from bandaids to a corkscrew for my wine bottle. Would definitely stay again if I was in the area, it had a cottage feel and peaceful garden. I had a garden view and didn't even mind because there was a gorgeous community balcony and across the street were fires on the beach. Delightful!

1  Thank MELinCLE
Reviewed July 7, 2014

This is my second stay at this hotel. I was extremely satisfied each time. The office staff is very friendly and helpful and most importantly, our room was very clean! It is a small hotel and has very charming, serene gardens that surround all of the rooms. If you are bothered by street traffic or the occasional train passing by, this might not be the place for you. During the day traffic noise can get heavy. I did not notice it at night. Our room was on the street and the view was beautiful. Nice to wake up in the morning and see the ocean! I would highly recommend this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BestWesternDanaPoint, Manager at Best Western Plus Dana Point Inn-By-The-Sea, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and returning to us again.Your kind words are appreciated and we look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

I have found stays at this hotel and the Costa Mesa Best Westerns for business purposes to be excellent. Both have great staffs and clean comfortable rooms. I am impressed what Best Western has done with its' PLUS properties. Mostly renovated with great beds and appointments at the best prices in the area. These are not California "resort" properties but extremely nice, functional hotels

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. Over the years we have made our rooms more business friendly by providing Herman Miller chairs, spacious desks from Thomasville, and charging receptacles on our table lamps. We are glad to see they are being enjoyed for their purpose and look forward to seeing you again on your next visit. Thank you for your continued business.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

I have no complaints. It's just an average place. Front desk seems to never be at the front desk. I found it surprising there was a $14 resort fee. One, it's a motel, not a resort. Two, it was for parking (is there a shortage of parking here? I think not) and wifi. Not high speed wifi, normal, horribly slow hotel wifi. This fee covered breakfast as well. Breakfast was extremely little as well. When we went there were 6 small bagels and a pastry and another cut up pastry. There's the usual cereal as well, and a waffle maker. It's not bad, but not worthy of an extra fee. It's not like it's an inexpensive hotel and that's how they keep the prices low.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Stayed with my children. Clean nice room. Comfortable beds, a good nights rest. Friendly and courteous staff/management. Peaceful gardens in the courtyard and a unobstructed view of the ocean. Good value for the money. For me personally I would choose another Best Western up the coast in Laguna just because this particular location with children was more difficult to access the beach and dining (and there is no pool, just a small jacuzzi for a couple). I noticed comparable hotels off of PCH in Laguna that had better access. But overall this is still a nice place to stay especially for adults w/o kids or adults with older teens.

1  Thank 834zea
Reviewed June 27, 2014

This hotel is close to the beach,has nice views, clean rooms, great breakfast, and no parking fee! Doheny State Park is right across the street with restaurants close by. We had a wonderful stay. We will for sure be back next summer.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Capri Laguna On The Beach
Capri Laguna On The Beach
#5 of 23 in Laguna Beach
The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel

Been to Best Western Plus Dana Point Inn-By-The-Sea? Share your experiences!