“Best kept secret in Dana Point”

Best Western Plus Dana Point Inn-By-The-Sea
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Dana Point
Park City, Utah
“Best kept secret in Dana Point”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

My wife and I have stayed in this hotel a few times before and always had a great stay. The owners, Fernando and his family, are gems in the Best Western chain. This hotel is more like a boutique hotel than a typical Best Western. Best Western could take a lot of valuable lessons from Fernando. The well-manicured courtyard is meticulously maintained and has an incredible view of the ocean, but the attention to detail is what catches your eye and creates such a memorable atmosphere. We stayed there recently and while we were there we received a knock on the door - Fernando was presenting a gift to my wife because they remembered from a previous visit that it was my wife's birthday. It was a small gift but an amazing gesture from a family with hearts of gold. But it wasn't only us that they treated this way over the course of our stay; we witnessed several acts of kindness that were truly from the heart. Like I said, Best Western could take a lot of lessons from Fernando. This is the best place in Dana Point, and I've stayed at both the St. Regis and the Marriot.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank The_Innocents_Abroad

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Riverside, California
Reviewed May 3, 2013

The service really sets this hotel apart!!! I have stayed in many, many hotels for both business and pleasure and I ALWAYS return to hotels that set themselves apart by the service they give. Wonderful, spacious room with a great view of the ocean. I was also surprised at how quiet it was given the fact that PCH is at your front door and the train tracks are close as well. You are right across the street from the beach and a stroll down the street for restaurants and bars. Really no reason to even get into your car. I WILL be back!!
Shannon B.

1 Thank Shannon B
Los Angeles, California, Usa
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Excellent lodging for rest and relaxation. Ocean view rooms are the best. the accommodations are worth the rates. The room I had on my last visit was roomy and comfortable. Service OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

San Diego, California
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I would stay here again just for the service. Both Fernando and Steve were great.They made sure we had a great room and anything we needed. The room was fantastic. The location is great for long walks on the beach. I will stay here again anytime I get the chance.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dana Point, California
Reviewed April 22, 2013

loved the Ocean View room w/ fireplace! beautiful room, SPACIOUS, awesome ocean view (sunset so peaceful on balcony even w/cars passing below) n just PERFECT for our night away! We went for walks on beach (just cross the bridge & u r on the sand), relaxing sitting there for hours too w ocean waves so healing! Went to Agostino's (100 yards down street) for dinner. Excellent service @agostino's btw! Staff at Best Western was GREAT! When I checked out rooms before reserving (I live locally & this was surprise for my husband's bday), office staff showed me all my options to help me make decision. When I saw fireplace ocean view room, I knew it was perfect! Total escape for us to get away for just 24hrs. So needed n so healing n I recommend this place highly. It is very interesting hotel set up so not all rooms have amazing views but u could trade full view for huge whirlpool tub in room. I opted for relaxing on balcony at sunset n hubby loved his surprise-- felt like we were away much longer than we were n you dont hear that very often! only complaint was their tv provider wasnt having good connection but truly we were not there for tv so fine w us! Our room had little kitchette w good size counter space, microwave, little frig n sink. Everything was wonderful! oh and BED WAS SO COMFY!

Room Tip: didnt think we would need fireplace but it added so much ambiance just as front desk manager told me...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kathy C
Dana Point, California
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I wouldn't imagine staying anywhere else in South Orange County. The staff is incredibly friendly, the rooms are always pristine, the location is perfect for solo, family, or group stays. Beach across the road with several delicious restaurants and bars within walking distance. I always look forward to my time there, its one of my favorite hotels nationwide. Small family feel and they're willing to go the extra mile for each of their guests. I hope you experience the same joy I do when you visit.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are large, whether its single King or Double Queen. May have to pay up for an ocean...
1 Thank PJ_Traveler10
Henderson, Colorado, United States
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I had an amazing stay. The staff was very warm and welcoming and the room was perfect. I couldn't have asked for anything more. I highly recommend this place to anyone visiting or staying ion the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a full ocean view if available :)
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel
Capri Laguna On The Beach
Capri Laguna On The Beach
#4 of 22 in Laguna Beach

Been to Best Western Plus Dana Point Inn-By-The-Sea? Share your experiences!