“Great People and Fantastic Room”

Best Western Plus Dana Point Inn-By-The-Sea
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Dana Point
San Diego, California
“Great People and Fantastic Room”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I would stay here again just for the service. Both Fernando and Steve were great.They made sure we had a great room and anything we needed. The room was fantastic. The location is great for long walks on the beach. I will stay here again anytime I get the chance.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Dana Point, California
Reviewed April 22, 2013

loved the Ocean View room w/ fireplace! beautiful room, SPACIOUS, awesome ocean view (sunset so peaceful on balcony even w/cars passing below) n just PERFECT for our night away! We went for walks on beach (just cross the bridge & u r on the sand), relaxing sitting there for hours too w ocean waves so healing! Went to Agostino's (100 yards down street) for dinner. Excellent service @agostino's btw! Staff at Best Western was GREAT! When I checked out rooms before reserving (I live locally & this was surprise for my husband's bday), office staff showed me all my options to help me make decision. When I saw fireplace ocean view room, I knew it was perfect! Total escape for us to get away for just 24hrs. So needed n so healing n I recommend this place highly. It is very interesting hotel set up so not all rooms have amazing views but u could trade full view for huge whirlpool tub in room. I opted for relaxing on balcony at sunset n hubby loved his surprise-- felt like we were away much longer than we were n you dont hear that very often! only complaint was their tv provider wasnt having good connection but truly we were not there for tv so fine w us! Our room had little kitchette w good size counter space, microwave, little frig n sink. Everything was wonderful! oh and BED WAS SO COMFY!

Room Tip: didnt think we would need fireplace but it added so much ambiance just as front desk manager told me...
1 Thank Kathy C
Dana Point, California
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I wouldn't imagine staying anywhere else in South Orange County. The staff is incredibly friendly, the rooms are always pristine, the location is perfect for solo, family, or group stays. Beach across the road with several delicious restaurants and bars within walking distance. I always look forward to my time there, its one of my favorite hotels nationwide. Small family feel and they're willing to go the extra mile for each of their guests. I hope you experience the same joy I do when you visit.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are large, whether its single King or Double Queen. May have to pay up for an ocean...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank PJ_Traveler10
Henderson, Colorado, United States
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I had an amazing stay. The staff was very warm and welcoming and the room was perfect. I couldn't have asked for anything more. I highly recommend this place to anyone visiting or staying ion the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a full ocean view if available :)
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank GenaMarie72
Provo, Utah, United States
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Steven was very helpful. Offered some good tips on the local restaurants. Was able to get us a balcony room at the last minute at a good price. We look forward to going back there. Wonderful secluded courtyard.

Room Tip: Balcony rooms on one of the higher levels would have been preferred if they were available.
murrieta
Reviewed April 15, 2013

great caring staff. clean. nice breakfast. fair price. protected underground garage for our car. we have been staying there for 6 years on the same week end foe an event at the state park. it is very convienient. fairly priced and a good value fo the area.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I can usually find something wrong with a motel/hotel. Happy to report NOTHING wrong here. I can't even believe I'm saying this. Room was great (we did have an ocean view w/patio). It was super.
A/C worked and was quiet. Internet/Wi-Fi was excellent. Mini fridge had a freezer. Bed very comfortable. Patio facing ocean is super and if you are lucky you may see a great sunset. Hot breakfast. Good location with many restaurants and attractions nearby. As I said in the beginning I can't believe I am saying this but... 5 Stars on all counts. We will be back for sure.
OK, I must find something wrong....It's not $50/nite ;) but worth every dollar over that...

Room Tip: Try for ocean view room. They are Great!
1 Thank Hal R
Capri Laguna On The Beach
Capri Laguna On The Beach
#3 of 22 in Laguna Beach
The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel

Been to Best Western Plus Dana Point Inn-By-The-Sea? Share your experiences!