“Great view and service”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Stamford, Connecticut
“Great view and service”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

This is a very nice hotel with a great view of Dana Point Harbor. The staff was very courteous and helpful, especially the concierge and the spa staff. The concierge had extensive knowledge of the local restaurants even down to San Diego. The spa staff was very responsive even though we used it on Christmas eve day.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
LCMRS, Manager at Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Thank you for your review and 5 star rating. We appreciate your compliments regarding our courteous and helpful staff. We want to make your stay as pleasurable as we can and your experience is extremely important to us. We hope you enjoyed your spa service and we hope to welcome you back the next time you visit Southern California.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (345)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

The location of this hotel is perfect - a short walk to the beach and marinas. The property is beautiful and rooms are great. We booked a basic room for a very reasonable price and ended up with an ocean view and large balcony for no extra cost. Make sure to partake in the free yoga at the park across right next to the hotel. Would highly recommend!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
LCMRS, Manager at Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Thank you for your 5 star review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We want nothing more than our guests to have a “perfect” stay with us and we are delighted that you enjoyed your ocean view room and yoga class at the park. The resort has some wonderful amenities that our guests take full advantage of during their stay. We thank you for your recommendation and we hope to see you again soon.
Aubrey, Texas
Reviewed January 2, 2014

My wife and I took our annual no-kids post-Christmas/New Years trip in December 2013 to Southern California, and decided to stay at this resort for three nights to start the trip before heading down to San Diego's Gaslamp Quarter for NYE. We absolutely LOVED this place, and wished that we could have stayed longer.

There are shopping and eating options within walking distance from the resort (we typically avoid hotel restaurants in order to "get out". Be advised, though, that the walk back to the resort is all uphill from wherever you return from...

The fitness center is full of up-to-date cardio equipment and weight-lifting options, and we also enjoyed the spa (especially the eucalyptus-scented steamroom!!). Valet attendants were very efficient, and the front staff was helpful as well, even having a mini-fridge placed in our room at our request! This was important for keeping cheese, wine, and microbrews chilled! (And there is a Ralph's grocery store about a half-mile away).

The room itself was gorgeous; we had a first-floor king suite in the San Clemente wing, with a balcony next to the Del Mar pool and outdoor seating area. This location was conveniently located to everything.

I hope that our travels bring us back to this location one day!! There is so much to see and do in this area, and if you don't bring your boards or bikes with you, there is a place close by that has them ready to rent! Laguna Beach and San Clemente are very close, and in December, you are likely to see gray whales offshore as they migrate from Alaska to Mexican waters.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
LCMRS, Manager at Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thank you for your detailed review. We love hearing about what our guests did during their stay with us. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your 3 day visit with us and we too wish that you could have stayed longer. Thank you for your compliments and your 5 star rating. We hope you visit us again so we can provide another “Wow” experience. See you soon.
Orange
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I've seen this resort for years driving to the Harbor and to friends' homes but it took a Christmas Party in Dana Point to bring me here to stay and I was so very pleased.
Driving up, the valet staff was warm and friendly and very helpful, offering suggestions on where to eat and directions on how to get there. The front desk staff was an extension of that same hospitable charm. Our room did not disappoint. Quite the opposite, it was clean, roomy, well-appointed and had a balcony and view that went on and on and on. They had me at The VIEW! I just couldn't get enough of that beautiful Pacific Ocean and I could look all I wanted from the privacy of my balcony. That is where we sipped champagne, slow danced (yes danced) in the moonlight and spent an entire morning drinking coffee, having breakfast and reading until it was time to check out (which they happily extended because they weren't too busy). We sent our shoes down to be shined before our party, which was included in the resort fee, and they came back nice and shiny. And Mario, the happiest and friendliest housekeeping attendant, brought us extra shampoo because I couldn't get enough of the magical scent (which they should bottle and sell).
All in all, this was a wonderful surprise, and a place I would highly recommend. I can't believe this gem has been in our backyard all these years and we just discovered it!

Room Tip: Any room that faces the park and through to the ocean is wonderful. There are rooms with obscured v...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
LCMRS, Manager at Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thank you for your 5 star rating and review. We are delighted to hear that you discovered our gem and had such a memorable stay. You review is so touching. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and detailing your stay. We want nothing more than our guests to enjoy every part of our resort with such satisfaction. It sounds like we truly made an impact on you and we cannot wait to welcome you back.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I was just looking for a place to get away from everything for a week and what I found was so much more. From the moment I entered the elegantly decorated lobby I was enthralled by the aesthetic and the atmosphere. I was soon promptly greeted by the exceedingly friendly front desk staff who made checking in a breeze and provided some very helpful tips about getting around the local area. My room was exactly what I asked for, a clean quiet haven with a great view where I could relax and catch up on my reading. Being an avid swimmer, upon venturing to the pool area, I was pleased to find it clean and well maintained.
The hotel restaurant has an unbeatable view of the bay and they serve an excellent breakfast with a great variety of choices every morning. The lunch menu is slightly smaller than I would have preferred but is still very good.
The surrounding area has many sights to see and fantastic eateries to dine in and I highly recommend doing some exploring.
Overall,at the Laguna Cliffs Marriot Resort and Spa, I found accommodations that exceeded my expectations and some of the most helpful and pleasant staff that I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone in search of an excellent vacation spot.

Room Tip: If you're looking for absolute peace and quiet then request a room on the top floor.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your review and 5 star rating. We are so delighted to hear that we not only exceeded your expectations but that we were that exact “get away” resort you were looking for. We received many fine compliments regarding our staff service and we are delighted that you experienced the superb service we provide to our guests. We hope you left feeling rejuvenated and relaxed. We look forward in welcoming you back for another get away.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Okay, so this is not a hotel you’d just stop-off and grab a room on your way down the PCH, but I wish those hotels were as great as this one! I stayed here just one night and loved it! I would confidently recommend this fantastic place to stay and here’s why. The rooms are all situated so you get a nice view of the ocean or harbor, the beds are more comfortable then the Westin Heavenly beds (ouch because I’m an SPG loyal and thought Westin had the best beds in town). Furthermore, the bathrooms are large and come with everything that a spa would have. Aside from the great room accommodations, the staff made all the difference for me. It’s not often that I stay at a resort & spa during my business travels, but this time I happened to be coming down with food poisoning or something. At 2am I called the front desk asking for Tylenol or Advil, knowing fully the gift shop was closed. The guy at the front desk went above and beyond to help me get what I needed. In the morning, they continued by offering complimentary food/drinks. These people treated me like family and that’s what I consider a fantastic place to stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
LCMRS, Manager at Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Wow. Thank you for your review and 5 star rating. When you stay with us we feel like you are family and it is our responsibility to make your stay as comfortable and pleasurable as we can. Our staff takes great pride in making every guest experience a memorable one and we are delighted to hear that you had such a wonderful experience at our resort. We thank you for your fine compliments regarding our comfortable beds. We know how important a good night's rest is for you when you are away from home. Thank you for recommending our hotel to others and we look forward in welcoming you back to our family. Our home is yours. We hope to see you soon.
Locust Valley, New York
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Stayed here one night and the accommodations were very clean and comfortable. Balcony small but very nice view. The staff are courteous and very helpful. I didn't use the pool so I can't review. The resturant view can't b beat. I would highly recommend this hotel. Not luxury but clean and neat.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your compliments regarding our courteous staff and great dining experience at Vue Restaurant. Thank you for recommending our resort to others. We hope to welcome you back soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dana Point
#2 of 22 in Laguna Beach
Capri Laguna On The Beach
Capri Laguna On The Beach
#3 of 22 in Laguna Beach

Been to Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!