Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort & Spa
$197
Doubletree.com
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $222/night.

$200
$150
DanaPointMarina
$169
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $192/night.

Best Western Plus Marina Shores Hotel(Dana Point)(Great Value!)
$150
$227
$227
Hotwire.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $256/night.

$599
RitzCarlton.com
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $680/night.

$599
$189
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $241/night.

1,453 results
All reviewsvue restaurantvalet parkingpublic parkdana point harborbreakfast buffetper nightvalet serviceocean viewbeautiful locationself parkking bednice propertyroom ratesmall balconysan diegobusiness meetingfitness center
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I got a room that I paid for with a living social deal. The picture they had showed a hotel on a cliff above the ocean, so I upgraded to the full ocean view with a king size bed. When I got to the room, I have to say I was disappointed. The room was pretty small, the bath was something you would see in a best western, and my view was decent, but not what was shown in the ad. The view is actually of Dana Point harbor and marina, and half of the view was cut off by the room next to us, so it was really only half a view. The balcony had barely enough room for my wife and I to stand on. I know it's standard to pay for parking, but $35 a night? Also, to order pay per view, it's $17. I can buy the dvd for that! On a positive note, the staff is really friendly, and as everyone else confirms, the bedding is freakishly comfortable. Don't get me wrong, it is a nice place, but not THAT nice and not for the price. if you go there, don't bother to upgrade for the view, just drive up to laguna beach and walk around at sunset. it doesn't get much better than that.

Room Tip: Like I said, don't waste your money upgrading to a room with a view. Its not worth it.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
LCMRS, Manager at Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your compliments regarding our exceptional staff service. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the beautiful views of Dana Point harbor and marina. We regret that your room was not to your liking. As you will read from previous reviews, we receive great compliments regarding our ocean view rooms. Your opinion matters greatly to us and our ultimate goal is to provide a completely satisfactory stay. We are happy to hear that you did enjoy the comfort of our beds. We hope you visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I visited here the week of nov. 10. We had an aewsome time here just relaxing and enjoying the beautiful view. The elephant parade was happening here at the time which was a real treat. And we thoroughly enjoyed listening to the blue moonies in the lounge on saturday night. I would highly recommend this hotel....great room, 2 nice pools with jacuzzi, and a wonderful view.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 2011Cindy
LCMRS, Manager at Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Thank you for your review and 5 star rating. We are happy to hear that you and your husband enjoyed the beautiful views of Laguna Cliffs. The elephant parade auction was a treat for all of us to host and we are delighted to hear that you were able to experience this event during your stay. Thank you for sharing your stay with us, your opinion greatly matters to us and our goal is to create a relaxing, warm and hospitable environment for all of our guests. We hope you visit us again soon. We look forward in welcoming you back.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

The property is beautiful. Staff is outstanding. We too were upgraded at arrival. Beds were very comfortable. Dining room and room service was outstanding. They serve a to die for Rueben. The best part was the spa. Had a deep tissue message by Angela Rafferty and had to be the best one yet. I normally prefer a male and initially was disappointed I had a female but she knew her technique and was outstanding. I would fly to Laguna again just to have a massage by Angela.If you have the time you will not be disappointed to schedule a massage with Angela. She is the best. Wish she were located in Arizona. I would be there once a week.

Room Tip: Ocean view
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cindy60

Thank you for your review and 5 star rating. We appreciate all of your wonderful compliments. We create WOW experiences for our guests every day and we are delighted that you were able to experience the high level of service the Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort & Spa provides to its guests. We are so happy that you enjoyed your deep tissue massage. Angela is outstanding and we will be sure to share your review with her and the entire Spa team. We cannot wait to welcome you back for another WOW experience!

Reviewed November 21, 2013

The room was great. I was upgraded to a room with a balcony and ocean view. The ocean is a bit of a distance away, but there are no building obstructing the view to the ocean. Just a park with trees.

The bar was great and had a great view and patio to enjoy your beverage and food of choice.

The bed was so comfortable and makes you not want to get up.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
LCMRS, Manager at Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Thank you for your review and 5 star rating. We are happy to hear that you were upgraded to an ocean-view room. We hope that you were able to enjoy the live music in our OverVue Lounge Friday and Saturday nights. We’ve received many great compliments regarding the comfort of our beds and we are delighted to hear that you too had a good night’s rest. We hope that you visit us again soon.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

The Laguna Cliffs Marriott is a great stay. There was a surfing contest just a couple of blocks away and a good golf course close by. I thought that the pricing was reasonable given the location and property. Mandatory parking and resort fees were too much.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
LCMRS, Manager at Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Thank you for your review and 5 star rating. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to watch the surfing contest during your visit. We hope you enjoyed your day of golfing. We appreciate your feedback regarding our parking and resort fee and will certainly take your comments under review. In recent parking and resort fee surveys we’ve conducted with our fellow resorts located on the coastline, we have found our parking rate and resort fee to be in line and are actually the most economical. We hope you visit us again soon. We look forward in welcoming you back.