Best Western Plus Marina Shores Hotel(Dana Point)(Great Value!)
$167
  • Breakfast included
$200
$150
DanaPointMarina
$229
Capistrano Surfside Inn(Dana Point)(Great Value!)
$238
$549
RitzCarlton.com
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $719/night.

$604
$579
1,473 results
All reviewsvue restaurantvalet parkingpublic parkdana point harborbreakfast buffetper nightvalet servicebeautiful locationocean viewself parkking bednice propertyadult poolroom ratesmall balconysan diegobusiness meeting
Reviewed January 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resprt and Spa for 2 nights for our wedding. We booked two separate rooms for each of us and our respective bridal parties. It was a good stay overall but I was a little upset when I heard that someone stopped our photographer from taking pre-wedding pictures of our bridal party. It was communicated that because we did not pay to have a wedding on hotel grounds, we were not permitted to take pictures on the hotel premises without paying an additional fee. I suppose it makes sense and I probably should have done my own research on this but just wanted to share.

Happy vacationing!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Rey K, Manager at Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2012

We are very pleased that you had a good stay and we regret that your photographer was stopped from taking pictures. We do give all couples who are having their wedding at the resort exclusive rights to the property. We are very thankful that you understand the reasoning and we hope that this did not inconvenience you in any way.

Reviewed January 1, 2012

I booked a room at this hotel at the last minute for a quiet New Year's Eve and wasn't disappointed. I relaxed by the pool, had an early sunset dinner in the restaurant, and spent a quiet evening reading. At midnight, I opened my window to look out over the distant water and listen to fireworks and people cheering in the new year. Despite the occasion, it wasn't at all loud in the room. In the morning, I walked down to the harbor and walked along the beach...a perfect way to ring out a difficult year and ring in 2012. I was on the third floor, and was disappointed that the windows were so small and high off the ground (and no balcony), but my pool view room also looked out over the ocean, which was unexpected and nice. The beds/linens are very comfortable, and I even took a hot bubble bath (the safety drain in the tub is set low down, so it was hard to keep enough warm water in the tub to avoid a chill, but I just kept filling it up). Valet parking is $30/night, which is expensive; I would have appreciated a self-park option. I was only in the hotel one night, but it met all my expectations.

Room Tip: I think the rooms on the 1st or 2nd floor have balconies; the 3rd floor rooms have only small windows that start about 4 feet off the ground, so whatever view you have is limited.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo

Happy New Year! Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback. We are delighted that we met your all of your expectations. It sounds like you had a wonderful start to your New Year. We are very happy that you were able to take a stroll along the harbor and beach. The weather was quite spectacular and having a resort so close to the beach allows our guests to take a nice walk and soak in the sun.
We appreciate your feedback regarding our parking fees and will certainly take your comments under review. In recent parking surveys we’ve conducted with our fellow resorts located on the coastline, we have found our parking rates to be in line and are actually the most economical. We hope to see you again in the new year.

Reviewed January 1, 2012

We spent one night; Christmas Eve, here, and we really enjoyed it. My husband and I walked around the streets of Dana Point and then enjoyed the sunset in the coctail lounge. We appreciated the layout of the hotel, and we LOVED the fact that our room had french doors that OPENED on to a little balcony with an ocean view of the harbor. I will always stay at hotels where I can open the windows and get fresh air!

The next morning, our room rate included the breakfast buffet for my husband and I, and our daughter and grandkids joined us for a delicious, beautiful buffet. The grandkid who is 3 years old ate for free. The buffet had everything including omelets and all kinds of beautiful fresh fruit. All of the restaurant staff was really accomodating and friendly.

We ran out of time, but next time we'll take the grandkids down to the very pretty public park and playground that are at the base of the hotel.

We will definitely stay here again, and I recommend it to any travelers in the southern Orange County area.

Reviewed December 29, 2011

Booked 3 rooms at this hotel for us an visiting family. For starters, the restaurant is only open on the weekends. Fine, we'll eat in the lounge. At 2am, the fire alarm went off, repeatedly, for over a half hour. The staff, untrained in how to operate the Alarm PA system, tried several times to tell us that it was a false alarm, only to be cut off by the system. It went off again at 7:30am for another 15 minutes. Needless to say we didn't get much sleep.

One of the 3 rooms had a broken heater, causing my sister to keep the balcony door open all night.

At checkout, we were told they were not compensating anyone for the alarms, that all equipment was "working exactly as it should," even though it went off twice at 5 hour intervals. No compensation -- not even a snack -- since the restaurant was closed. And not so much as an apology. The Manager asked me if i wanted to fill out a form (as the man next to me was filling one out). No matter, we have tripadvisor and facebook....

3  Thank Lanedomain
Reviewed December 29, 2011

We stayed in Laguna Cliffs resort from 26th Dec- 28th Dec, 2011. On the 27th night, around 1.30am, the fire alarms in the hotel malfunctioned and kept going on and on for the entire night, making us unable to sleep. The kids had to be taken outside the hotel in dead of winter due to fire scare, only to find out the alarms had malfunctioned. Only at approx 9am next morning the alarms were fixed.

As a result of negligence of the hotel, we all couldn't sleep the entire night of 27th Dec, and had to make a long drive back home to San Jose. The hotel refused any compensation for the night and were very rude to us.

Room Tip: Stay away, rude service, not considerate to kids & family
2  Thank tanugolu