$227
Doubletree.com
  • Beachfront
Best Western Plus Marina Shores Hotel(Dana Point)(Great Value!)
$220
  • Beachfront
$249
  • Breakfast included
1,474 results
All reviewsvue restaurantvalet parkingpublic parkdana point harborbreakfast buffetper nightvalet servicebeautiful locationocean viewself parkking bednice propertyadult poolroom ratesmall balconysan diegobusiness meeting
Reviewed June 23, 2011

Our daughter just got married here at the Laguna Cliffs, and I must say, it was flawless. The staff (thanks Rachel!) remained so enthused about "our" wedding, that you woudl think it was their daughter getting married. This hotel does do a lot of weddings, and I understand some of the comments from other TA folk, and I realize I am biased, but in our experience, even with a wedding after ours, it was hardly noticeable. The price was right, the setting spectacular, and the all the staff seemed so genuinely friendly that all of our guests felt warmly welcomed and well cared for. We have run out of daughters, but if we had another, we would certainly have the wedding here again (and we don't even live in CA)!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 17, 2011

We stayed here in June for 2 nights for our niece's wedding which was held in the bay (not in the hotel). We were told that we were going to be fined $2500 for taking her picture as she got in the car or any photos in the hotel grounds as the hotel manager informed us 'they reserve the right'....we complained that there was nothing in the booking to suggest this and never had it been mentioned during checking. The hotel is very good at taking lots of money for drinks in the bar, but we found the staff really agressive and not very understanding that we had flown from London especially to attend the wedding and of course expected to take photo!!!!! Another problem is there is no car parking for the normal parking only valet parking which works out really expensive when you are in and out all day doing wedding stuff! Think twice before booking this very expensive and not so friendly hotel!

Room Tip: Expensive hotel with not a lot on offer!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Muttrah123
Reviewed June 14, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Laguna Cliffs for a night away from the kids. We had stayed there a few years ago and liked it. We loved it this time because they had completely renovated the whole hotel and updated the decor in the rooms. I think we paid $250 and that included parking and a really great breakfast. That was a bargain compared to the Ritz or the Monarch Beach resort just up the road. The breakfast buffet was one of the best I have had and included a great omelet bar. It is annoying that they charge for parking (part of the hotel upgrade was to go to "valet only" parking) and pay for internet, but that seems to be the way most high end hotels are going, unfortunately. Other than that we were very happy. The pools are great, the food is great, the rooms are great, and the location is wonderful.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Skidog424
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We stayed here for 4 nights in April, and let me tell you that it was not long enough! The accommodations are very nice, the property gorgeous, the views breathtaking! The staff is very friendly and helpful. They have a gorgeous pool area where you can get drinks and lunch served to you while you relax in the sun. An outdoor patio, with great views serving lunch and cocktails, and I think they have an abbreviated dinner menu also. this property sits on a cliff overlooking a park and the ocean. A walk down a long flight of steps will take you to shops and restaurants or the beach. This property is one of the nicest I have experienced.

Room Tip: I got a great deal on S'Nique Away
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We stayed here for one night for a local wedding, so we were fortunate to have a negotiated discounted rate.

That unique opportunity aside, the hotel is in a great location, overlooking the water, with a nice grass lawn for events. The rooms were very clean and nicely decorated. Did not make it down to the pool, but it looked pretty large and festive. Check out is at 11:00 a.m. and check in is at 4:00 p.m. I requested early check in, in advance, but was not given a guarantee. When we arrived shortly before noon, the staff was very friendly and was able to give us a room, which was great since we had to be ready for a wedding at 4:15! And our room still had a pretty good view, despite the limited number of rooms available less than an hour after check out time.

Got to take advantage of the breakfast brunch, too, which had a nice selection. Down the hill from the hotel is a marina with lots of restaurants for convenient eating options.

If we could get a discounted rate again, I would love to spend a romantic weekend here, when we'd have more time to explore!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple