$150
$127
Hotels.com
Best Western Plus Marina Shores Hotel(Dana Point)(Great Value!)
$178
$829
$799
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $888/night.

$943
$749
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
1,474 results
All reviewsvue restaurantvalet parkingpublic parkdana point harborbreakfast buffetper nightvalet servicebeautiful locationocean viewself parkking bednice propertyadult poolroom ratesmall balconysan diegobusiness meeting
Reviewed June 11, 2011

We stayed at this hotel once before and thought it was a lovely hotel apart from the rush and no seating at breakfast which we overlooked as it was their Memorial Day (our bank holiday). During our stay then there were weddings but we were not disturbed by any of them.
The hotel is still beautiful and the staff amazingingly helpful, the pool is absolutely fantastic with beautiful lounge chairs and an outdoor grill/ bar. The hotel is situated on a cliff and therefore has panoramic views of the ocean. There is a lovely terrace overlooking the gardens serving cocktails, tapas etc throughout the day. There is also a coffee and croissants/pastries sold in the bar in the morning should you not wish a full blown breakfast.
We had a beautiful room this time complete with balcony. However, when we returned from dinner around 9pm we walked into a noisy reception caused by the wedding party who had hired a band. We went to our room and unfortunately the noise seemed even louder, my husband rang down and asked when it would be finishing and they said they were finishing it at 10pm - the reception staff were clearly embarrased and must have had many telephone calls. We also had some noisy girls from the wedding party in the next room but fortunately they went to sleep eventually.
When we checked in the day before I remember the girl at the desk saying to somebody how many weddings they had to put up with there ! I can understand weddings being booked there as it is a beautiful setting but it is a hotel and not a venue !

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2011

Well, the hotel is nice and we may go back if we have to. The air condition in the room was very laud. The beds were very comfortable. The $29 parking and internet fee is ridicules when you pay that much for a room. I would rather don’t get charged for the parking but instead would give a good tip to the guys delivered our car.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 23, 2011

My husband and I traveled to this hotel for a getaway celebrating our 31st Anniversary.
When we checked in the room we were given was not to our liking. When we told Tiffany the Front Desk Manager that we were here celebrating our anniversary, she upgraded our room the next night. The full american breakfast included in our package was actually a "FULL" breakfast. The omletes were delicious and there was an array of choices to choose from. We would definitely stay at this resort again!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2011

I was relegated to hotel housing when my condo was undergoing walkway renovations. I thought I'd try the Laguna Cliffs as it's in such a great spot over the Dana Harbor and I run the stairs regularly beneath its purview!

There is no regular parking - you must ONLY park valet.
The check in was very friendly. At $299.00 a night, I would think it would be.
My room was sour smelly - old mold, old wet.
There was leftover man hair in the bathroom, on the floor and floating down from the bath towel on the far side of the tub
The hotel bartender might have been the most redeeming aspect as he allowed me to take my dinner to my room, no compunction.
When I got back to my room . . . and after staying in MILLIONS of hotels a year . . . I couldn't, for the life of me, figure out how to get to regular television (and I wasn't drinking!). It seems they've devised a new way to try to make more money from their traveler. I have no respect for this. I finally had to call their "At Your Service" number to back out of the cost of $4.99 for a "Bones" television show.
The Internet service was $13.00 for 24 hours. At $299 a night? Really?

Now, I know as a Laguna Beach resident, that $299 per night might seem amenable to people who are checking our rates in Laguna Beach. But, seriously and in comparison, I've had better food, greater generosity, and more attention to saving me money as a paying customer at hundreds of hotels across North America.

Room Tip: Try the Blue Lantern Inn B&B
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank LagunaBeachDi
Reviewed May 19, 2011

This is a Resort that charges US$200 per room night as Conference rates to Corporates.
Case: 300 Room Nights for 5 days = 1500 Nights . By any standards thats big for THIS PROPERTY which has 375 Rooms in total or so they say.

Whats right: Polite Staff.

Whats wrong:
1. The Bottled water in the room is charged ! [$200 does not cover it?]
2. Outgoing calls are at exorbitant rates ! [Why? If its a local phone call!]
3. INCOMING phone calls are charged !!!!! [WHY???? Thats FREE Worldwide!]
4. NO VEGETARIAN FOOD OPTION. [ Ahem ! Where's the Chef?]
5. The advertised 'heated swimming pool ' water was cold.
NB: The Management was apologetic on account of the weather and asked many of the guests to accomodate and adjust !!!! [Gee whizzz...first you pay top dollar...then listen to excuses...and then compromise....no discounts too for 'paid for' amenities guests are unable to enjoy during stay. Considering the way one pays for everything...can you blame us for wondering if you are trying to save on heating bills ??? Hey.....its just a thought ! What ? ]
The above is just a basic list....I am sure more will follow, if not here, then via concerned intermediaries. Why should the accountability be one way ????

MY QUESTION IS THIS: WHAT, BESIDES BREAKFAST & ROOM RATE IS ACTUALLY INCLUDED IN THE $200 PRICE TAG !!!
The Management at the hotel, no doubt polite, seems to think that they are actually doing the world a favor by running this resort....and that people are sooooo desperately ignorant , that they will pay 'over the top' rates for what they have to offer.... and silently bear all the extra costs they get burdened with !!!
What ..you people forgetting the effort people invest in doing your Resort a favor by selecting it and then arriving there???

At $200 a pop, in the US of A, options do not exist to hold a Conference???

C"MON people in the MANAGEMENT there...!!! Hospitality 101: Services & Amenities are included in the USD$200 Room Night Charge !!!!
Considering the cost/rate involved , it would be better for Preferred Clientele and Corporates to consider all other options OR ENSURE they NEGOTIATE appropriate pricing when considering this venue !!!
At $110 max/room night inclusive of Breakfast], ONLY for location would have been an okay rate, since barring the 'air ' they seem to be charging for everything else.

And for those with 'blinders' in the management....take a trip to any SE Asian 3 Star Hotel property...and then experience the true meaning of great hospitality ...!!! The rates will be less than yours...and yeah...no one in the 3rd World charges guests for Mineral Water in the room !!!! Thats a given, besides many other services and amenities !!!

Marriott/Resort Management please note. There's not much even the best Staff can do and/or achieve when Management policies are hopelessly skewed and not with the times!!! The people actually working are individually and collectively ALL at 'point position' !!!
Last... you can only fool people once....its idiocy to behave like that at a time of job losses, recession and inflation....in an industry sector that does not qualify as a 'necessity' in the definition of Economics!

Room Tip: Book another Resort .
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business