2,580 results
All reviews club level the ritz carlton raya restaurant market place ocean view fire pit outdoor bar salt creek beach beautiful location the cliff spectacular views fitness center watch the sunset southern california boogie boards business meeting luxury hotel
Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is over the top gorgeous! It even smells good when you walk in the door! The flowers, the lighting, the decor, it was all done so right.
We had a room that opened out to a porch area with a fireplace and chairs overlooking the ocean. It was so beautiful! The only negative thing I have to say is the bathroom was extremely small. We only stayed one night so it wasn't a big issue for us. The bed was comfortable, the view was stunning! I didn't have time to go by the spa or the fitness center but I walked past it and it was breathtaking.

Date of stay: April 2014
Trip type: Traveled on business
ritzcarltonlaguna, Executive Office at The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback. We hope you have the opportunity to experience the rest of the resort on your next visit.

Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

We have been to many Ritz's and the staff here is just plain amazing. Every person we encountered went above and beyond. The hotel itself is beautiful. Great pool! Walks on the beach were a great plus. All the restaurants have great views. We went to the steakhouse for dinner which was superb. Breakfast at Raya was delicious as well. High quality food. Very relaxing place to be. We will definitely be back!!!

Date of stay: April 2014
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

It was a pleasure having you with us! We hope your experience was unforgettable and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

My husband and our 3 daughters and I went to the Ritz for a mellow weekend away (we live in San Diego). It was fabulous. The staff could not have been better and they truly made a point of making us feel special and sincerely welcome to the hotel. We appreciated the service of Diego at the Dana pool, Liece (sp?) and Alex at Raya, and the entire team at 180 Blu (especially Matt). We spent our first night enjoying the fabulous view overlooking the ocean while enjoying great food and drinks at 180 Blu. They have an incredibly talented singer, Ryan, who plays the guitar and sings there almost every night and he truly makes the hotel evening experience an unforgettable one.

We ended up not leaving the resort once all weekend- there was no need to as we felt so happy and content to be catered to and doted on at the Ritz. I am not one for gyms while on vacation, but this one was top notch as it had incredible views of the beach which motivated me to actually go in and work out one of the mornings we were there. The rooms were lovely and I recommend definitely upgrading to an ocean view if possible as you won't regret it.

We will definitely be back as we had a truly wonderful experience at this resort!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank amoreno9
ritzcarltonlaguna, Executive Office at The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

It was a pleasure having you with us for your staycation! Thank you for choosing The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel. Our ladies and gentlemen look forward to welcoming you back soon. We have many more experiences awaiting your return.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

We just moved from NY to LA and we were searching for a regular weekend getaway place that meets our high standards in travel...luxury, tranquility, great service, great restaurants and bars...so all you have to do is walk-in and pamper yourselves. We usually stay at high end places so there was little to pick from! We were pleasantly surprised that the hotel was everything we hoped for. Starting with the very friendly staff to the beautiful setting. The rooms were clean and bright and we had a beautiful balcony overlooking the ocean. We had drinks at the outdoor terrace bar served by Garrett who was a hoot! The cocktails were very creative - try the OC Martini. We also had drinks at the lobby bar and the service was attentive and the view picture perfect. The best part of our stay was dinner at Raya. The food was superb, and so was the view and service.
The only criticism was that we ordered room service breakfast to take advantage of the view. This was ruined by the self centered pig smoking a cigar at 8am on a terrace room below making us retreat inside. The hotel should have a non smoking policy enforced...specially smelly cigars!
All in all a wonderful place and looking forward to coming back.

Room tip: Avoid idiots smoking on tbe decks!
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank scarvalho7
ritzcarltonlaguna, Executive Office at The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

It sounds as if you enjoyed your overall experience at the resort. Thank you for choosing The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel. We look forward to creating many more wonderful memories for you in the future. Welcome home!

Reviewed March 30, 2014

This hotel only gets 3 stars because of the facilities....not service.

This is a lovely property in a lovely location with lovely views, but the service is very disappointing. In advance of my stay, I sent three emails to the hotel using the email address on their website...two were related to arranging spa appointments and one related to my reservations. I travel extensively and often the only change i have to contact a hotel is after hours or thru email on the plane. None of my emails were answered and therefore, I ended up calling the hotel once I was back in the office. One of the two people I talked with was extremely unhelpful and did not address my concerns or was the least bit apologetic about the lack of response. I put this behind me even though this cost me significantly more for 2 more rooms I requested. I shared my concerns I had sent an email requesting two more rooms for one night and got no response but was responded to with a lack of empathy.

I was looking forward to my stay, but when I arrived at the hotel, I stood in front of the cab's trunk while I watched bell staff standing around chatting. I finally went to the cab driver and asked him to help me...he got out and took my luggage out and it was only once I was at the door someone asked if they could help me.

Even more bothersome was the hotel did not have a record of my spa/hair appointment at the front desk....I couldnt' recall if the appointment was 12:30 or 1pm...the gentleman assisting me attempted to call the spa and no one picked up. He promised to call the spa/salon and call my room with the information. It never happened...not a surprise...I called several times myself and finally had someone answer the phone. I would like to suggest the hotel's front desk share some information about the resort, where the spa is, restaurants etc. While I've already racked up over 52 nights at Marriott so far this year and have Platinum status,and while I was purchasing 3 rooms for this evening...my upgrade was a coastal view for an additional $75 per night. Bad follow-up, bad responsiveness all around at this hotel.

Positive...room is lovely, staff at the restaurant is nice. I had very good service at the salon. Bell staff, front desk and whoever is supposed to answer emails for the hotel lacks significantly.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank Judy3720

Thank you for your valuable feedback. It has been shared constructively and taken seriously. On behalf of all our ladies and gentlemen, we apologize for the inconvenience. For future reservations and requests, please contact the Executive Office directly. We look forward to assisting you in the near future and providing you with the service you have come to know and expect from The Ritz-Carlton.