This hotel is off the chart beautiful! It is regal and elegant with views to die for.......Unless, you happen to get a garden view room. I didn't reserve an ocean view, so I knew we weren't getting that. But, at over $500.00 a night I figured the Garden View would be pretty spectacular. I called before we arrived to take care of some arrangements. The view I reserved came up on the phone and I was told our view would be "lovely". So, we get to the hotel, we enter our room, look out the glass doors and.....there was a 10 foot high YELLOW CONCRETE WALL, that was length of ten hotel rooms, not kidding! It honestly felt like we were in someone's basement. We had to go outside on the patio (that was shared with the ten other rooms, NO PRIVACY) and look straight up, head cocked back to be able to see the sky. Looking to the left, looking to the right and looking straight ahead all we could see was concrete. I was so disappointed and so blown away that this Ritz would even have views like this for their guests. If you go to this property, and reserve the Garden View, make sure you tell them NOT to put you on the first floor. That really was a huge let down. It rained quite a bit during our trip and we spent a lot of time in our room looking at that concrete wall, not a beautiful garden.
Service was pretty good, except when I got out of the shower and was trying to blow dry my hair, I discovered the in room blow dryer only blew cool air, it was broken. I called down to the front desk and told them what had happened. The lady I spoke with was so nice and apologized and said they have a new blow dryer to my room right away. 25 minutes later and one more call, the blow dryer finally showed up. I had to jump in the shower and re-wet my hair because it took so long. Seriously,at The Ritz Carlton? I really had some bad luck at this hotel! Not what I was expecting at all. Everything outside of our room was wonderful! The restaurants, other views, and staff service were superb!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience luxury coastal living at The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel, a resort in Dana Point, California situated high on a seaside bluff overlooking the Pacific Ocean, and offering a relaxed Southern California vibe near Laguna Beach, Los Angeles and San Diego. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Booking.com, TravelUp, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton Laguna Niguel Hotel Dana Point
- Ritz Dana Point
- Ritz-Carlton Dana Point
- Ritz Carlton Laguna Niguel