“Luxury at the Beach, doesn't get better than this”

The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Dana Point
GreenLeadersBronze level
Los angeles
“Luxury at the Beach, doesn't get better than this”
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

From the arrival at the valet to the departure , not a detail was missed at the Ritz in Laguna Niguel. This was not my first stay but every time I go here either for business or pleasure it seems to impress me more and more. The bellman Stephen made sure to explain all the perks and details of being a guest, he showed me where the shops were(which I already knew) , explained to ask for ritz Carlton coffee in the marketplace if I wanted to get complimentary coffee or if I wanted Peet's then that I would pay for
He went thru the room with a fine tooth comb to make sure I know how to operate the climate control, the lights. Showed me everything . I was there for an overnight business meeting which was also impressively handled by the hotel
The pools are beautiful, the grounds gorgeous, the gym is gorgeous with amazing front ocean views. It does not get better than this. Highly recommend this hotel for any reason. Don't miss out. It's pure luxury and pure bliss

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank susannaa2000
ritzcarltonlaguna, Executive Office at The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you for your lovely review of our resort. We loved the photos! Whether you visit us on business trip or a leisure visit, we will ensure you leave with wonderful memories. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (553)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brentwood, Tennessee
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Just returned from a stay at the Ritz at Laguna Niguel. My husband had a meeting there so I tagged along and so happy that I did! Upon check in we were immediately upgraded due to his status with Marriott and were given an ocean view, first floor room with a fire pit on the porch! The room was awesome--well appointed and furnished as you would expect at virtually any Ritz but the special treat was the patio with the fire pit!! It was heaven to sit outside in the morning with coffee and a fire while looking out over the beautiful pacific ocean!! The service at the hotel was incredible with lots of attention to detail! The food was great but pricey as well as the drinks but hey, what resort is not that way? The hotel quickly became one of my favorite places to stay!!

Room Tip: If at all possible, splurge on one of the fire pit rooms!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
ritzcarltonlaguna, Executive Office at The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for staying with us in one of our firesdie ocean front rooms. Aren't they incredible? We loved having you here and we look forward to having you back when you are not on business. Our ladies and gentlemen have many thoughtful and unique experiences waiting for you!
california
Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

This was my first time staying at a Ritz Carlton and now I know what the excitement is all about! Talk about "puttin on the Ritz". From the moment the front door staff opened my car door, I knew it was heaven, "Welcome to the Ritz Carlton Ms._____, Happy Birthday". Checking in I had the same welcome, was upgraded to the Club Level which had its own Concierge Staff, floor AND food/drink at your disposal throughout the day. I had a friend that joined me and she's naturally an introvert. However, I couldn't keep her jaw of the floor, her breath was taken away with the beauty of the hotel and the unparalleled service! There are several weddings here that occur throughout the day due to its gorgeous location next to the beach. Amazing time indeed! Since then, I've treated close friends to an evening at the Ritz in Half Moon Bay (close to home) so they can be spoiled rotten and I know that they will get the BEST! Don't know if I can ever stay at a normal floor if its not the Club Level! Keep doing what you do Ritz Carlton...

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you very much for your support! We are delighted that we surprised you with some wonderful memories. Our ladies and gentlemen take great pride in surprising and delighting our guests. We couldn't agree with you more that our exclusive Club Level is the only way to go. We look forward to seeing you and your friends again soon....Welcome home!
Reviewed March 20, 2013

My wife and I just spent the weekend here for our anniversary/babymoon and without exaggerating I have to say it was unforgettable. The service impeccable, the resort pristine. If you are thinking of visiting trust me do yourself the favor and do it. One of my favorite things about our stay was that the staff made you feel wanted, it sounds silly but when I think about all the other hotel experiences I have had, most of the time you are just a #, another guest that will be gone soon. But at the at the Ritz it's almost as if you are returning home from being away. Anyways this place is awesome. Go there!

• Stayed March 2013
It was a pleasure to have you with us for your anniversary and babymoon! We take great pride in providing memorable and personal experiences for such wonderful occasions. Hopefully there will
be many more in the future. Thank you for the photo...we love it. See you soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Went with my son, 12 years old, this past February and stayed here as we are Ritz Carlton Members. The place was extremely nice with lots of great views, especially the 180 Blu outdoor bar with fire tables and blankets. My son and I thought this had the most awesome view of the sunset though it got chilly quickly thereafter. This place gets crowded near sunset so get there early.

The rooms were well appointed but nothing out of the ordinary except the spetacular ocean views. The lobby and common areas were extremely nice and luxurious feeling. Several food options in the hotel, but we loved the Marketplace food center. It allowed us to pick up food throught the day which allowed us alot of flexibility (it had bagels and salmon in the morning, sushi in the day, but also salad, panninis and wine) . The dining menu options are similar throughout the bar, restaurant, and the 180blu. So the only variety in the hotel was the steak restaurant. It is closed on certain days so we could not try it but it looked rather good. I highly recommend trying the local area food, as there are alot of great options. These were all pointed out by the Ritz Carlton staff who even made us reservations.

We did an excursion for whale watching during our stay. It really was a brief movie and then we were escorted to the local dock and joined others on a chartered boat (not Ritz guests). However, the Ritz Carlton had a member accompany us the whole time on the boat and gave us insightful information throughout the tour. We were "lucky"enough to see a 70 foot fin whale during our 2 hour boat ride as it still was just before the natural migration time. Highly recommend checking the calendar for the whale migration before going on this.

Overall, the staff was very nice and very accommodating. The place is very busy even when we went "off-season" but it did really feel like a true escape during our stay, which makes me give it such high marks.

Room Tip: Get to the 180blu early to get the best seats for sunset. It is open seating with a great wine list...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
We love your detailed feedback, thank you! We couldn't agree more that 180blu is an incredible food and beverage outlet with the most extraordinary view of the ocean that does not exist anywhere else along the local shoreline. And the whales! They are amazing! We look forward to having you and your son back soon....we have may more memories waiting for him.
Montecito, California
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I just returned from a three night visit.My husband and I were attending a conference that occupied all rooms.Even with a very full house and many moving parts,the staff took everything in stride and performed at a high level. From the housekeeping and maintenance to the front desk and valet parking,the staff shines. But not so for the room lighting..especially the north facing rooms.As one who likes to read,there is a light above each side of the bed but only one bedside lamp and the general room illumination is very poor. They have remodeled the rooms and the finishes are pleasing.They have removed a very large chaise but replaced it with a large club chair! Too big for the small rooms at this locale.Some but not all of the rooms have new HVAC systems.Ours was not one of them.It went off and on all night long even with the fan set to stay on. I have stayed in much less expensive hotels and had this issue but did not think it would be a problem in this upscale property. We were given a resort credit after we mentioned it.We really want to love this hotel and it is almost perfect.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. We hear you and understand you. Please know we will continue to improve our products and facilities until they are perfect. Your preferences have been noted for your future stays with us. You name it, we can do it for you! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I was blessed to accompany my husband, then on a business trip about 15 years ago, to this extremely elegant, friendly, and service-oriented hotel, on a bluff overlooking the ocean. Since our children were a great age to leave at home with grandparents safely, this was like a honey-moon type destination spot for us as well as a business gathering for Jim. From our first car-door opening, to the fire a-lit 24/7 and tended by one person, to the crystal everywhere, and to the most amazing and unusually attentive staff, even for a Ritz, ever encountered, I was stunned. And we had been traveling to various spots together for a number of years, and experienced fine hotels before. We both noticed the way every single person working that hotel greeted and/or assisted us as we moved throughout the halls. This is one reason I was compelled to write a review for this place! The people. I do not know what it is like at present, so am dating our visit as "now" but I believe most likely, it is still a star among stars. Our room, maybe not the largest ever, opened up with french doors into a courtyard; it was graced by a bathroom that was beyond description, totally surrounded in marble, was even equipped with a make-up mirror I later searched out for myself, only to discover it was over $200! The art throughout the gorgeous building, the view extending out over the Pacific, every well-planned out detail, to the path down to a beach and a surf break, all made this one of my favorite visits to a hotel ever. I recall dinners out, not there, but room service coffee is a must!

Room Tip: I had no choice as we were traveling for a company meeting, but reading others' reviews surely o...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank pilgrim1_13
ritzcarltonlaguna, Executive Office at The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for your feedback! We enjoy it no matter how old it is. You must come back and visit our property soon. Our ladies and gentlemen are still as dedicated and passionate as before. We think you will really enjoy our newly enhanced rooms. And please don't worry, we are still a star amongst stars! We hope to see you soon! We look forward to creating another memorable experience for you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dana Point
The Resort at Pelican Hill
#5 of 17 in Newport Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,482 reviews
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach R...
#1 of 22 in Huntington Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,227 reviews
Capri Laguna On The Beach
Capri Laguna On The Beach
#3 of 22 in Laguna Beach
Best Western Plus Marina Shores Hotel

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel? Share your experiences!