The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
2,448 results
All reviewsclub levelthe ritz carltonraya restaurantmarket placeocean viewoutdoor barfire pitsalt creek beachbeautiful locationthe cliffviews are amazingfitness centersouthern californiawatch the sunsetbusiness meetingboogie boardsluxury hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I am more of a Four Seasons fan than a Ritz-Carlton fan, but they have done a beautiful job with this hotel. Service was excellent. The views are exquisite. I attended a business function at the hotel and it was handled flawlessly.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank jcs320
ritzcarltonlaguna, Executive Office at The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Thank you for your honest feedback and we enjoyed having you as our guest. We hope you have the chance to visit us again for a relaxing, personal visit. We would love to have you!

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Was here on business a few months ago. Was delighted with my stay. Nice room, good service, jaw dropping ocean views. Loved it. The hotel bar overlooking the beach is to die for, great sunsets. And the breakfast was outstanding, not much more to say!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Not a bad place to be for business right? We loved having you and look forward to creating memories for you in the future for a non-business related visit. Surfs up!

Reviewed January 25, 2013

This was my first stay at a Ritz Carlton and I enjoyed my experience. I was here for a work event and the hotel is a beautiful setting for work or pleasure (wish I had more pleasure than work for this trip!). All the common areas of the hotel are gorgeous especially the lobby, bar and market cafe. The flower arrangements themselves were a sight! The hotel is very big and the trek from one part of the hotel can be quite long but you are rewarded with lovely and unique decorating accents throughout and gorgeous ocean views. I was traveling with a colleague who had a club level room so I had a chance to partake of the club level amenities which were very nice - wine, drinks and appetizers/desserts all day. I loved the many fireplaces in the hotel. I arrived late on Sunday and the only food option was room service which was good but very pricey. The hotel is not within walking distance of anything so you pretty much have to eat there or drive/taxi to restaurants off-site which we did one night. My room itself was beautiful and very spacious. I think this is the first hotel I've stayed in where there were double sinks which was a nice touch although since I was solo I didn't really need them both. If I had any complaint it's that they were doing construction near my room which I heard during the day. The walls are pretty thin too to the point where I heard the iPhone alarm of the next room's occupant go off in the morning. The water pressure in the shower was also light and one of the bathroom sinks had a slow drain. These were all minor nuisances - nothing major that ruined my experience. I ate breakfast one day at Raya and it was delicious and had a gorgeous view of the ocean and beach. I did lunch at the outdoor Blu lounge and it was also delicious with a killer view. I used the hotel's gym which lives up to its name as the hotel gym with the best view. It was so relaxing and inspiring to look out at the ocean as I ran on the treadmill and did my workouts. I had occasion to use the concierge service and the woman there was so helpful and accommodating. Overall I had a great experience at this hotel and would gladly return!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank PinaColada02

Thank you for the photos...we love them! We are delighted that you enjoyed so much of what our property has to offer. On your next visit, you will enjoy even more! Our room enhancements are much needed and we are very excited for their completion. We hope you can return and experience them first hand. Until then, we will look forward to your next visit to The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

They have refurbished soem rooms on the 'wings' of the hotel very nicely and they have little patio seating areas that are qutie pleasant. The conference facility, food, and service was all incredible and the staff was extremely pleasant and eager to help address your needs and desires. The beach view was fabulous and the main lobby was light filled and quite pleasant. I had a wonderful stay with no complaints!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
ritzcarltonlaguna, Executive Office at The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Thank you for your detailed feedback. We take all of our guests' feedback to heart and act upon it right away. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you so that you can truly enjoy our Ritz-Carlton ambience and mystique. If there is anything we can do for you, please do not hesitate to let us know at (949) 240-2000. Thank you again for your review of the resort and staff.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Love this resort!! Stay on club level if you can - the staff there are exceptional and will help you with all your reservation needs or anything at all! Especially love Mary and Penni who make our stay as perfect as possible!! The views of the ocean and sunset are amazing and not to be missed! Beach access down a steep walk way w/ shuttle service if needed! Have been staying here for the past 15 years and has never disappointed!! Comfy beds, softest sheets, light dimmers. Adirondack chairs to watch the sunset with bunnies hopping around - dolphins jumping in the sea, sail boats drifting by, stunning views of Catalina Island. Try taking a Duffy ride (small electric boats w/ canopy cover) in the Balboa Bay with a packed picnic and some wine - best Duffy's are at California Recreation Company at Bayside Harbor (949)721-0111 - we have tried many rentals and these are the newest and nicest!! Also enjoy shopping at nearby Fashion Island - an outdoor style upscale, very dog friendly mall!! And not to miss, a stroll around Balboa Island - Jamboree Rd. runs directly onto this quaint island which has a car ferry that will take you across the bay to the Fun Zone where you can ride the ferris wheel and do some sightseeing!!! You will have a wonderful time in Laguna/Newport!!!

Room Tip: Anything Ocean View or better yet, Ocean front!!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
ritzcarltonlaguna, Executive Office at The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

It sounds like you had a great time while in our area! Thank you for the fun recommendations. We are glad you enjoyed yourself at the resort and we look forward to creating more memories for you again soon. We couldn't agree with you more that our exclusive Club Level is outstanding. Our team is phenomenal and their service ranks amongst the best in the world. Welcome home!