“Beautiful location, Exceptional Service” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Dana Point
GreenLeadersBronze level
Melbourne
“Beautiful location, Exceptional Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

The hotel is perched above the beach with wonderful ocean views. The rooms are spacious and comfortable (without being special) - the beds are particularly good. The hotel is well mantained with attractive public areas. The staff levels are high and service is exceptionally pro-active, consistent and attentive - perhaps too much for some tastes! Our conference was extremely well supported by the hotel and participants gave consistently positive feedback on their stay. Food was delicious both in the main restaurant and throughout the conference. Leisure facilities are good but the beach and trails also provide a perfect place for exercise and fresh air.

Room Tip: Ask if you want an oceon view but pool view rooms are also pleasant.
1 Thank Jill2Travel
ritzcarltonlaguna, Executive Office at The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for writing a review about our resort. It was a pleasure having you and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (508)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
ottawa, ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

I joined my husband on a business trip here for three nights. Our room was on the first floor and we had a balcony with a fire place and a view of the ocean. A perfect place to sit and read a book have lunch or dinner and especially to watch the sunset. We ordered room service one night and sat outside beside the fire place everything was so good. The staff were excellent and gave me good advice as to how to spend my days. I had breakfast and dinner at Raya and the food was outstanding and again the great view of the ocean. It was suggested that I go to Laguna Beach one day and I had a great day, you could easily spend hours going into all the little shops and art galleries. From check in to check out the staff/service were amazing!

2 Thank barbados94
ritzcarltonlaguna, Executive Office at The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful comments. We are thrilled that you enjoyed our resort and the historic areas of Laguna Beach and Dana Point. We couldn't agree more, our surroundngs are phenomenal! We look forward to providing you with excellent service each and every time you visit. We have many memories to create for you!
Hudson, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

The Ritz Carlton was a very nice hotel. We didn't stay here but we did stop by the bar for a few drinks. The total price of the bill for one beer and one mid priced glass of glass of wine came to $33.40 but that's probably to be expected coming from the Ritz.

If you're going to stay here be prepared to shell out the money, but it's top-notch, very nice surroundings very nice interior unbeatable views from the deck highly recommended if you can afford it.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for stopping by! We enjoyed having you and we hope you were able to take home a small memory from your quick visit. We look forward to your next visit and we hope you choose to stay overnight. Our sleep experience ranks amongst the best in the world!
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed here three nights for a business conference. Provides a beautiful view of the Pacific Ocean and beach below. I found the service to be very friendly and engaged, but a bit too clingy as mentioned by another reviewer. The hotel is not large, but navigating to my room took some time with many twists and turns down a narrow hallway. I counted 150 paces from the elevator on my floor to my room. I arrived three days after daylight savings time ended, but found that my clock radio had not yet been adjusted. That is not the type of overlooked detail that I would expect at a Ritz Carlton, but thankfully I relied on my cell phone for wake up. During the day, the sound of room renovations above my room was very loud. While one might expect renovations to be occurring at an older hotel, I would have expected to have been informed at the time of check-in, which I was not.

1 Thank StuO639
ritzcarltonlaguna, Executive Office at The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for your valuable feedback. We will use this information to ensure our processes are effective and appropriately in tact. We couldn't agree with you more that particular situations should have been avoided. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future so that
we may share with you our finished room enhancements, and provide you with the exceptional level of service we are known for.
Medford, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights last month. The hotel itself is beautiful and all the common spaces are large, inviting and very nice. The service was impeccable and extremely friendly. I had to have dinner by myself the first night. I ate in Raya and the server was very friendly and the food amazing! Took all his food suggestions and he was right. He even gave me a small taste of the soup of the day because it sounded so good, but I knew I couldn't eat a whole cup with what else I was ordering. Also ate breakfast twice in Raya - excellent huevos rancheros with amazing view of the surfers.
The female concierge (sorry I can't remember her name) was AMAZING!! Gave me all kinds of info. on local restaurants for breakfast and dinner. Detailed info. on how to get to shopping (while my husband was in meetings). She was fabulous!!
I sat out at the pool area which was very nice, great service and comfy chairs, but do wished it had faced the ocean.
Did have a spa treatment - facial. Very nice spa, though smaller then most (incl. other Ritz Carlton's) but great service and nice facial.
Our room was nice, and we had a fabulous view and a small balcony, but I thought the decorating was just a bit boring (only reason not giving it 5 stars). A little color, interesting art, or unique piece of furniture would have been nice. Bathroom was large and all marble with two sinks - very nice. Our 20 yo daughter stayed with us for two nights so we had a rollaway bed which fit nicely in the room and was no charge!! Also, our room was located right near the outdoor bar, so I was worried a bit about noise, but wasn't a problem. In fact, guitar player was playing great James Taylor, etc. so actually enjoyed the music a bit while my window was open.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank familyof4travels
We love your photos! Thank you so much for posting them! We are delighted you enjoyed our amazing property and our incredible team of ladies and gentlemen. We take great pride in providing warm, excellent, and refined service. We hope you and your family have a chance to return again soon. We look forward to welcoming you back!
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed the weekend here to celebrate my girlfriends birthday. We were welcomed upon entering the property by the manager of guest relations. He introduced himself, the hotel and its amenities and gave us his card in case we had any issues during our stay. From the bags being brought to the room, to our room being explained to us, strawberries being dropped off in our room in recognition of the birthday to the final greeting as we departed the next day...our stay was PERFECT. We enjoyed dinner at enoSTEAK and the service provided by Tyler and Tyler was exceptional. They attended to our every need and made good recommendations when pairing the right wine to our steak. The next morning we had breakfast at RAYA,..the stunning view of the beach and ocean below while enjoying the most fabulous Huevos Rancheros and a delicious cup of coffee was a great end to our stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ritzcarltonlaguna, Executive Office at The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for your lovely review of our spectacular resort! We love your photos! On behalf of all our ladies and gentlemen, thank you for choosing The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel for your special celebration. We hope we created memories for you that will last a life time. We can't wait for you to come back....we have much more in store for you!
Summerville, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I combined business and pleasure and stayed at the Ritz from 10/13-10/20/12.

While the hotel and its location were great, it was the friendliness and customer oriented staff that really made the trip. In fact, we quickly had the feeling that we were among family and friends. The concierge, Cindy exuded enthusiasm and charm. Matt, chef at Raya, was unbelievably helpful with my wife's salt-restricted diet and always came out to check on us. Our frequent server at Raya, Rachel, became our adopted daughter. Dean was also terrific in Raya.
All staff from reception thru housekeeping had a quick smile, great eye contact and a great greeting for us.

Unforgettable stay and we do hope to return soon.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Tony h
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dana Point
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach R...
#1 of 20 in Huntington Beach
Casa Laguna Hotel & Spa
#2 of 22 in Laguna Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,035 reviews
Pacific Edge on Laguna Beach, a Joie de Vivre Hotel

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel? Share your experiences!