Blue Lantern Inn - A Four Sisters Inn
Best Western Plus Marina Shores Hotel(Dana Point)(Great Value!)
$130
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
$209
  • Restaurant
$195
$177
  • Beachfront
Best Western Plus Dana Point Inn-By-The-Sea(Dana Point)(Great Value!)
$149
Capistrano Surfside Inn(Dana Point)(Great Value!)
$143
$126
$143
Hotwire.com
  • Pool
All reviewsb bpacific edgewine and cheesedana point harborafternoon winecarpe diemtower roomcity viewhappy hour with winechart housegas fireplacegreat view of the harborjacuzzi tubhard boiled eggscliff overlookingboutique hotelsitting area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 25, 2007

We've stayed at the Blue Lantern Inn a number of times over the years. Have had rooms with and without balconies, and really prefer the opportunity to step outside to enjoy the ocean breeze. This time, we splurged and got the top floor Tower suite. Very nice choice. The room was wonderful, the view spectacular! On our last night, we were speaking to the attendant at the front desk (Danielle?) and mentioned we wanted to order dinner to the room that night. She raved about a restaurant that was not on the list for delivery service--called the place herself, and within an hour one of the restaurant partners personally delivered a wonderful meal to our room.

Have always had good luck with the front desk staff--even housekeeping is cheerful and friendly. The inn is ideal for people like us who enjoy walking. Town, the marina, and restaurants are all walking distance; even an excellent wine bar.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
6  Thank edochas55
Reviewed March 22, 2007

Attractive inn sits above the harbor and offers sweeping views from the terrace and common areas. We had a ground-level room with doors opening on to a pleasant terrace with table and chairs.

The room was tastefully decorated and included a fireplace. The oversized bathroom was elegant with premium fixtures and a large jetted tub. I liked the way the room avoided looking "boxy". BUT, there were three steps down from the entry/bathroom level into the bedroom. We tripped on these several times while not paying close attention.

Cannon's restaurant could present a problem for some guests. Their terrace is contiguous to the inn property. A party with music on the terrace might be loud. We did not have that problem but could here converations of restaurant guests.

My husband is sensitive to noise and he complained about what I assume was the sound of heating/ac fan from the room above. He said he would not want to stay in this room again.

The common areas were nicely done and we appreciated the afternoon refreshments and morning breakfast. This inn, however, does not seem like a "bed and breakfast." The food was similar to continental breakfasts offered by chains and the staff was efficient, but not warm or welcoming.

Despite my husband's comments I did enjoy the stay and thought the room rates were appropriate for what was offered.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
6  Thank sunshinehome
Reviewed February 27, 2007

A truly enjoyable weekend B&B. First class accommodations and everything else described by others. Not mentioned is afternoon wine and cheese which is a nice touch. You will not find a better view, so spend the extra money and stay on the ocean side, if a reservation is available. (See my posted pictures). We were in a room that was one step down from a Tower Suite, but it still had a nice balcony and though the Inn was full, we never heard any noise from adjoining rooms. The only warning I would give is that indeed, the Inn is right next door to a large restaurant that holds outdoor wedding receptions, parties, etc. We suffered through loud music blaring next to us from 3 to 5 pm on one of our days. The Inn is currently in negotiations to have a sound wall built, but in the meantime you take a chance that there may be the sounds of a typical loud wedding reception if you are on the ocean side. Be forewarned. That aside, the innkeepers were very nice, the breakfast was ample and well made, and the weekend was a delight. It has to be the friendliest place in Dana Point. Good, elegant restaurants are very close by and I would recommend The Chart House.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
5  Thank OscarLevant
Reviewed February 24, 2007

This b&b is a very lovely hotel to stay for a short trip. It is a little pricey but it was well worth the money. The room was huge, clean and did not have a view of the beach but it was extremely quiet and relaxing. The bathroom was enormous and had a big tub. It was my mother's birthday and the lovely lady who helped me book the reservation remembered and acknowledged her birthday when we checked in. Cherri is wonderful and the entire staff was very helpful. The views are gorgeous and it's a great place to relax and get away from Los Angeles for a little while.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank MrsCH
Reviewed February 18, 2007

Having scoured the internet for something different to stay at along the coast in Orange County, I came across a TripAdvisor suggestion to stay at the Blue Lantern Inn at Dana Point. After a little background research I decided to book a non ocean facing room, for two nights.

Having just come from staying at the Hilton at Universal City in Hollywood, I was extremely pleased with the presentation of the hotel and its location. The staff were friendly and informative, the room was huge and the bed so very comfy. I personally felt that all of what was offered was fantastic and the Inn met my hopeful expectations. The smaller things of service seem to be something they have captured here.

The fact that it’s a smaller and personal location bode well for my wife and I and we both loved the ambience and feeling of the Inn.

I would certainly recommend this Inn to anyone who believes in “non-hotel” like accommodation. I travel regularly and have stayed in many hotels internationally and enjoy the feeling of a “guest hotel” wherein once does not need to keep paying for standard services such as access to internet, parking, DVD Movies, breakfast etc.. Here it’s all in and well presented.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple