Blue Lantern Inn - A Four Sisters Inn
$195
$177
Doubletree.com
  • Beachfront
Best Western Plus Dana Point Inn-By-The-Sea(Dana Point)(Great Value!)
$149
BestWestern.com
$189
$183
Best Western Plus Marina Shores Hotel(Dana Point)(Great Value!)
$137
$130
BestWestern.com
  • Breakfast included
$599
  • Pool
Capistrano Surfside Inn(Dana Point)(Great Value!)
$199
$269
Hotwire.com
  • Pool
All reviewspacific edgewine and cheesedana point harborafternoon winecarpe diemtower roomcity viewhappy hour with winechart housegas fireplacegreat view of the harborjacuzzi tubhard boiled eggscliff overlookingboutique hotelsitting arealarge bathroom
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Lovely, charming place. Even the city view rooms were very nicely decorated and furnished. Staff was top notch and very nice. Good breakfast, beautiful property. Only one disappointment was that there were very full pillows. Will definitely come back!

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights a week ago as a mini getaway just for myself. The views from the rooms are stunning! However, I was disappointed to find that there was no easy beach access. When I arrived the staff had accidentely rented my room to someone else. I had to wait in the lobby for almost an hour for them to fix the error. They ended up giving me a different room with one of my night's free. I had to move to a different room the second night-which was inconvenient. However, the free night made up for it.
I had an excellent swedish massage in the "spa." The "spa" was really just one room. But it was done nicely and again, the massage was great.
The most disappointing aspect of my stay was the breakfast each morning. The website shows quiche and french toast, but neither of those were present. There was never any meat provided, and not even any yogurt. I've seriously had better breakfast at the Holiday Inn. It was supposed to be served at 8am, but at 8:30 the breakfast bar was not complete and the one lady they had preparing the food was still bringing out new items at 8:45.
I'm not sure I'd stay here again. There are other B&Bs in the area that I will try first.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Rai K
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Our room was beautiful. The view from our balcony will stay with me forever. We took nearly 100 pictures in an around Dana Point. The food was delicious and the staff attentive and eager to please. We are planning a return soon!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Our room had the most beautiful view! We loved getting a morning paper and going down for a yummy breakfast everyday before our walk. The staff was very helpful with any thing we needed.
We would definitely return, in fact we can't wait!

Room Tip: 3rd floor a great idea so that the earlier risers from the East coast don't wake you up!
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Lets face it, some places by the beach are a bit feeble at their attempt to create a good experience, let alone deliver what they advertise. Well, that will not be the case at this lovely little lantern more than exceeds. It's a great looking, victorian-cottage place on the bluff overlooking and endless ocean view. Its clean, has beautiful rooms, VIEWS, free parking, breakfast is delicious and they have wine, fruit with cheese and crackers in the afternoon. We love staying here and always leave refreshed and rejuvenated. There is no pool, but its a little B&B typish place, not a resort.

Room Tip: Ocean view if available is the way to go for sure. Worth the splurge. This way you can open the french doors to you balcony and let those views enchant you all night and day. We like staying at the top so we don't hear as much foot traffic from the big grand stairs. We don't sleep well in general, however, the beds and linens are divine. The shutters allow for sleeping late after a long romantic evening along the coast.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple