Dana Point Marina Inn
$197
Doubletree.com
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $223/night.

Best Western Plus Marina Shores Hotel(Dana Point)(Great Value!)
$150
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
$189
$169
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $191/night.

$279
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
$247
$227
$227
Hotwire.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $256/night.

$599
RitzCarlton.com
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $699/night.

$599
$189
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $229/night.

All reviewscontinental breakfastgreat locationwithin walking distancebaby beachan older hotelwhale watchingpool and hot tubcatalina islanddana point marinaocean institutewould stay againyogurtsmall balconynice poolrestaurants and shopsbit datedcalled the front desk
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Visited recently and was very surprised and not in a good way. Walls were thin, hallways sterile and interior very dated. I can't imagine how this hotel has received 5 stars by anyone. The price is low and the location good but if you want to sleep, forget it. Our room looked across a "courtyard" into someone else's. Heard noise from above and next door. Sorry, I could not recommend staying here to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank sctraveler05
Reviewed May 21, 2013

A perfect location for meeting all our adult friends. The DP Marina Inn is large and spread out, extra large rooms and just comfy! An older location but in a prime location in the marina with plenty of activities, food and cocktails. Not modern but comfortable furniture and large balconies overlooking the marina. Note, the walls are a little thin, lol, but balconies offer great accessibility to meet your neighbors if you so please! Great rates, highest we've seen is $129.00 with a king, marina view. Great bang for the buck!!!

• Stayed: May 2013
4  Thank PlayfulMonkey
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Terrible wifi in room so I moved over to the lobby, not so much better.
What you read online is pretty accurate, this place needs an overhaul, Great location, that's the only thing going for it. I mean the value is pretty good. If the wifi worked and the staff even pretended to be happy I would have been OK with this place.

If the front desk smiled and greated you when present I would have given them an extra star. No matter how bad or good a property is the staff and front line make the experience. This was certainly not the case.

Wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank iflyalotornot
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Stayed here once a year and once again they have not improved on the internet situation. Because of poor connection had to use computer in lobby which was so slow it took me almost 2 hours to try and complete my tasks. Had to check out late, missed lunch with family, and then had to stand in line for an hour at my next destination to get the tickets I was trying to print at hotel. Seriously considering not staying here again. Was really upset that the staff trying to act like this was some unusual problem when I've had problems every single time I stay here and overhear other guests complaining also.. I have never been able to get cell service in my rooms here and always assumed it was my provider (Metro PCS), but this time I had Sprint and I still couldn't get signal in my room):

Room Tip: If you need wi-fi...be sure to ask for one of the rooms that has the best signal...however, that still isn't a guarantee that it will work.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank 3tumbleweeds
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed here on Apr 9; my sisters and I had three different rooms but all three were tired. I had a small refridgerator, stove, and sink in my room, think 80's style.
The hotel was situated on the harbor, lots of small shops and eating places nearby. It was adequate for spending the night but really needs a makeover and a good cleaning, carpets worn and dirty. You can tell they tried but what this place really needs is a good do-over. A/C units were a little noisy.
My sister had asked for a handicapped room and actually did get one! She was pleased with the grab bars in the shower.
Breakfast in the morning was your standard pre-packaged food: bagels, muffins. Cereals were available as well as some fruit.
I will say that the wifi (one of my criteria) was excellent once logged on.

Room Tip: Harbor side rooms have nicer views. The other side is street view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family