Open today: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Capt. Dave's Dolphin & Whale Watching Safari tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Capt. Dave's Dolphin & Whale Watching Safari
from $65.00
More Info
from $65.00
More Info
All reviews brownie underwater viewing pods sea lions whale watching fast cat grey whales common dolphins see whales large pod of dolphins great trip an incredible experience other companies bottle nose dolphins marine life boat ride saw dolphins sea sickness
Reviewed June 17, 2017

Went on a dolphin and whale watching safari with Capt. Dave's on 6/8/17. It was obvious that the captain and crew were as excited about looking for a whale as we were. Unfortunately, none were found, but the captain found a pod of dolphins (100+) and spent extra time following them in order to give us an enjoyable experience. We got a bonus when the captain spotted a shark! I am glad that we posed for the photographer, because at the end of our cruise we had a personalized souvenir with photos from our specific cruise to purchase for a very reasonable price. Now I want to go on another trip with this crew!

Reviewed June 12, 2017

Captain Daves Safari was the best! We went on the boat "LilY" which is the luxury boat > YOu get to sit down right on the railing on a nice cushion and it has glass so u dont get all wet. Plus, the bot purrs rral nice and the captians Mark & Tom know when to turn the motor off not to scare the whale away. Super nice crew. Not to talkative or loud on speaker. The man up front gives out great narrative and stories while waiting for the whale to come up.

Date of experience: June 2017
CaptDavesWhaleSafari, Owner at Capt. Dave's Dolphin & Whale Watching Safari, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2018

Hi,
Thank you for your review. It’s wonderful that you enjoyed the comfortable, upscale features of Lily, our luxury catamaran, and took advantage of all the great viewing areas available. I’m glad you were satisfied with our crew and their informative narration, as well as the exciting dolphin and whale sightings. Thanks again for coming out, and I hope you can visit again soon.

Reviewed June 11, 2017

The crew worked hard to find us dolphins and a whale. The boat setup was great for viewing both above and below the water. Everything was very professional and top notch!

Date of experience: July 2016

Hi,
Thanks for your review. I’m so happy you liked our unique catamaran and expert crew, and had a great time viewing an amazing whale and pod of dolphins. We appreciate the high rating, and I hope we’ll see you again soon.

Reviewed June 6, 2017

We joined Captan Dave and his crew for a glorious morning of whale watching, dolphin viewing, and all around sea life enjoyment. They were knowledgeable, professional, thoughtful and made the morning a complete delight. We were fortunate enough to see countless dolphins that swam in, around, and under the Lily. We happened along on and found a 75 foot fin whale that we were able to observe for quite a while. It was magical.

Date of experience: June 2017
CaptDavesWhaleSafari, Owner at Capt. Dave's Dolphin & Whale Watching Safari, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2018

Hi,
Thank you for your review. I’m so pleased that you enjoyed your safari on board Lily, our luxury catamaran, and had the chance to view a variety of marine wildlife, including beautiful wild dolphins and a stunning Fin whale. It’s fantastic that our crew helped to make the trip fun, comfortable, and educational. Thanks for including photos of your experience! I hope you can come out with us again soon.

Reviewed June 6, 2017 via mobile

My friend Basia Christ, is a frequent flyer at Capt. Daves and this was my second trip with her whale watching. As much as I enjoyed my first tour 10 years ago, this one was even better as we spent quality time with a fin whale! She was magnificent and seemed so serene and relaxed and unconcerned about our oat and cameras.

What I really loved though was the crew who was as excited to share their considerable knowledge with as, as we were to see this creature up close and personal.

To top it off -Capt. Daves tradition of fresh-baked brownies await you when you get ashore.

Hi,
Thanks so much for your kind review and lovely photo. It’s wonderful that you and your friend have enjoyed dolphin and whale watching safaris with Capt. Dave’s multiple times. I’m so glad that our crew’s expertise and passion for the marine mammals enhanced the trip for you, and I’m thrilled you had an amazing encounter with an impressive Fin whale! We strive to make each trip memorable and it sounds like yours certainly was. Thank you for being a valued repeat guest, and we’d love to see you again soon.