Open today: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM

More Info
from $67.54
More Info
1,077 results
All reviews brownie sea lions underwater viewing pods grey whales great trip common dolphins see whales an incredible experience other companies highlight of our trip sea world bottle nose large pod of dolphins saw dolphins newport beach crew catamaran
Selected filters
Reviewed June 17, 2017

Went on a dolphin and whale watching safari with Capt. Dave's on 6/8/17. It was obvious that the captain and crew were as excited about looking for a whale as we were. Unfortunately, none were found, but the captain found a pod of dolphins (100+) and spent extra time following them in order to give us an enjoyable experience. We got a bonus when the captain spotted a shark! I am glad that we posed for the photographer, because at the end of our cruise we had a personalized souvenir with photos from our specific cruise to purchase for a very reasonable price. Now I want to go on another trip with this crew!

Reviewed June 12, 2017

Captain Daves Safari was the best! We went on the boat "LilY" which is the luxury boat > YOu get to sit down right on the railing on a nice cushion and it has glass so u dont get all wet. Plus, the bot purrs rral nice and the captians Mark & Tom know when to turn the motor off not to scare the whale away. Super nice crew. Not to talkative or loud on speaker. The man up front gives out great narrative and stories while waiting for the whale to come up.

Date of experience: June 2017
CaptDavesWhaleSafari, Owner at Capt. Dave's Dana Point Dolphin & Whale Watching Safari, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2018

Hi,
Thank you for your review. It’s wonderful that you enjoyed the comfortable, upscale features of Lily, our luxury catamaran, and took advantage of all the great viewing areas available. I’m glad you were satisfied with our crew and their informative narration, as well as the exciting dolphin and whale sightings. Thanks again for coming out, and I hope you can visit again soon.

Reviewed June 11, 2017

The crew worked hard to find us dolphins and a whale. The boat setup was great for viewing both above and below the water. Everything was very professional and top notch!

Date of experience: July 2016

Hi,
Thanks for your review. I’m so happy you liked our unique catamaran and expert crew, and had a great time viewing an amazing whale and pod of dolphins. We appreciate the high rating, and I hope we’ll see you again soon.

Reviewed June 6, 2017

We spent our last full day of vacation in Dana Point, CA (06/05/2017) to go whale watching. I had been when I was young but my wife and teens had not. We all had a fantastic time and this will always be a memorable time for us. The staff and crew were attentive and friendly. We were able to see a couple of hundred common dolphins, a dozen or so bottle nose dolphin and Fin whale, which was the highlight of the trip. The brownies made by Captain Dave's wife at the end was also very good and a great treat to leave with. I highly recommend doing this when visiting or if you are blessed enough to live there, go again.

Date of experience: June 2017
CaptDavesWhaleSafari, Owner at Capt. Dave's Dana Point Dolphin & Whale Watching Safari, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2018

Hi,
Thank you for your review and for including Capt. Dave’s in your vacation plans. I’m thrilled that we were able to show you a magnificent Fin Whale up close, as well as a multitude of amazing wild dolphins. I’m glad you liked our crew and enjoyed the complimentary brownies. It’s always our pleasure to make your trip memorable. Thanks so much for the recommendation, and I hope we’ll see you again soon!

Reviewed June 6, 2017

We joined Captan Dave and his crew for a glorious morning of whale watching, dolphin viewing, and all around sea life enjoyment. They were knowledgeable, professional, thoughtful and made the morning a complete delight. We were fortunate enough to see countless dolphins that swam in, around, and under the Lily. We happened along on and found a 75 foot fin whale that we were able to observe for quite a while. It was magical.

Date of experience: June 2017
CaptDavesWhaleSafari, Owner at Capt. Dave's Dana Point Dolphin & Whale Watching Safari, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2018

Hi,
Thank you for your review. I’m so pleased that you enjoyed your safari on board Lily, our luxury catamaran, and had the chance to view a variety of marine wildlife, including beautiful wild dolphins and a stunning Fin whale. It’s fantastic that our crew helped to make the trip fun, comfortable, and educational. Thanks for including photos of your experience! I hope you can come out with us again soon.