Open today: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM

More Info
from $67.54
More Info
1,065 results
All reviews brownie sea lions underwater viewing pods grey whales great trip common dolphins see whales an incredible experience other companies highlight of our trip sea world bottle nose large pod of dolphins saw dolphins newport beach crew catamaran
Selected filters
Reviewed September 7, 2011

We were on the fence whether to spend the money on this dolphin & whale watching excursion. So glad we did! Our kids could never have this kind of experience in the classroom. We saw hundreds of common dolphin, and they played along right under boat (literally feet from us) for an hour. Mothers and their babies, pairs & groups who would synchronize swim. The boat is equipped with an underwater microphone that amplifies the dolphin squeals & clicks they use to communicate so that we could listen on deck. So cool. My son enjoyed the underwater viewing windows, but my daughters and I get too motion sick to spend time below deck.

We were thrilled just seeing the dolphins, but there was more to come. Up close we got to see 2 different blue whale come to the surface. Hard to comprehend how huge and majestic these creatures are until seeing them in person. We witnessed one whale come up twice, the other once. The crew is very familiar with the patterns of these particular whales, even knowing that we would see a tail wave from one when he took a deep dive. Truly amazing. And it was cool to see the crew get as excited as the tourists when we got to see the blue whales.

The crew was fantastic. 3 knowledgeable gentleman making our outing enjoyable. There is a thorough safety presentation while taxing out to the ocean, and an in-depth educational presentation about whales & dolphins on the way back into harbor. We learned a lot!

The catamaran is extremely safe and comfortable even at almost capacity of passengers. It was a warm day (upper 80s) and our family didn't put on sweatshirts until the end when we headed back to shore. We did pack a light lunch, snacks and drinks, but it seemed we were maybe the ones ones who brought food.

We had a wonderful experience. Thanks, Capt. Dave's!

p.s. I will attempt to add photos at a later time (9/7/11)

Date of experience: September 2011
Reviewed September 6, 2011

This was our second time and it did not disappoint. We followed two blue whales for an hour and half and got see a large pod of dolphins up close through the viewing platform. We decided to that we should visit every year at a different time to see a variety of whales.

Date of experience: September 2011
1  Thank ssparish
Reviewed September 2, 2011

The boat was beautiful, the crew was very knowledgeable and fun! I would highly recommend this trip to everyone.

Date of experience: July 2011
Reviewed September 2, 2011

I have been whale watching all around California - Newport Beach, Long, Beach, Santa Monica, and the Catalina Islands, Monterrey. All I ever say was one or two meinke whales. It's all luck but this trip with Captain Dave I saw two blue whales. The crew was knowledgeable and shared a lot of information with the guests. They were diligent in their pursuit of blue whales and knew what seasons to search for different types of whales. I had my 91-year-old mother with me and they were very helpful assisting her on and off the boat. I would recommend this tour group. They have an underwater viewing area at the front of the boat. Also instead of selling snacks and generating funds they concentrate on the whale-watching experience. I want to see whales, not pleasure cruise and stuff my face. Take the trip, you might bet lucky

Date of experience: August 2011
Reviewed September 1, 2011

Three hour tour left out of Dana Point Harbor, sightings 4 blue whales and largest dolphin group I have ever seen there was thousands of dolphins all around us in the water. The tour guide said the these waters have the largest concentration of Dolphins in the world. I believe that is probably true because of what we witnessed first hand

Date of experience: August 2011