“We want to love it...”

Harpoon Henry's Seafood Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Harpoon Henry's Seafood Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 144 Restaurants in Dana Point
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Dana Point Harbor Drive
Las Vegas, Nevada
“We want to love it...”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We go here 3-4 times a week on vacation because we like the atmosphere and the happy hour menu is a good value. That being said, they won't put the big screen tv on in the lounge if they have entertainment (no matter how late) in case the game goes into overtime...really? And no happy hour Sat or Sun so the place is totally empty those nights. I don't get the thinking. But we go again & again for the reasons I mentioned.

• Visited October 2013

• Korean first
Los Angeles, California
“Nice Harbor View & Good Food”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Had a girl's weekend in Dana Point and went here for dinner. The restaurant has nice views of the harbor and the food was yummy. We ordered the clam chowder, calamari strips, and the filet of sole. Everything was good, but the calamari strips were amazing!

Parking is a challenge because the lot gets full quickly. But, the restaurant offers free valet service.

• Visited September 2013
Hayward, Wisconsin
“Great food at a bargin price!”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I ate here last year and knew I would be back. I've been thinking of their calamari steaks for almost a year and wasn't disappointed! They have a "happy hour" menu of a few selected food items, plus certain drinks. These items are all at an unbelievable price - my calamari steak $7.95. This special menu is served in the large bar area which looks and feels quite comfortable. It has above the fireplace a HUGE television which was airing a football game when I was there. Writing about a restaurant like this is one of the reasons I contribute my experiences on Tripadvisor. I may not have discovered it first, but I'm going to take credit for spreading the word as I see there have been recent reviews - all glowing. We travelers should stick together, right?

• Visited September 2013
Irvine, California, United States
“Night out with family”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We usually visit Harpoon Henry's a few times a year because we live close and love seafood and because we loved The Kona Inn when we lived in Hawaii.
Our food is always very good and the service is always excellent!
However, I think that was the last Mai Tai I will have there. Something tasted "metallic" the last two times I've had one there. The juice didn't taste fresh. Much too expensive a drink to not have fresh ingredients. I also think they need to update their bar. The bar has a bad smell.....an off-putting smell. Cruddy carpet.

• Visited August 2013
Sun City West, Arizona
“Happy Hour on the Patio”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Enjoy many choices from the 4-7pm Happy Hour Menu. The Fish and Chips at $8.95 is quite the deal -- two large, perfectly prepared Mahi Mahi pieces, great cole slaw, tons of skinny fries -- enough to share and still be full. We liked it so much we went back with friends the second night in town. This time we got the filet mignon sliders ($9.95). Really yummy. We also got the giant shrimp cocktail -- 5 very large shrimp ($7.95). There are at least 8-10 great choices plus drinks at reduced prices. Our friends shared the Fish and Chips at our recommendation and they were glad we suggested it. A lovely spot for enjoying the sunset and surrounding area.

• Visited August 2013