“Always a great dining experience”

Raya at The Ritz-Carlton
Ranked #7 of 146 Restaurants in Dana Point
Cuisines: Latin
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Raya, named “Restaurant of the Year” by Riviera Orange County in July 2011, is a great restaurant concept by acclaimed Chef Richard Sandoval. Raya showcases Pan-Latin Coastal Cuisine prepared with sustainable seafood, local produce, natural and organic meat and Chef Richard Sandoval’s signature Latin flavors. Discover delectable dining on the coast of Dana Point during your next visit.
Dana Point, California
“Always a great dining experience”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Everything is fabulous at this restaurant. The food is delicious, the wait staff are friendly and helpful, the view of the Pacific Ocean is gorgeous. A couple of friends had the hamburgers which they said were excellent and perfectly cooked. I had a salad which was delicious. Highly recommend this restaurant. You won't be disappointed.

Visited June 2014

• Korean first
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
“Goodfood; lousy service”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

I had lunch with colleagues….the food was good and atmosphere was great (amazing views of the Pacific). However, the servers seemed confused. No one really knew "who" was handling our table. It took about 15-20 minutes for the waiter to take our order (after we asked someone to get him for us). Then it took forever to get our check…I expected more.

Atlanta, Georgia
“nice”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

the food and service for breakfast, lunch or dinner is great. you also can enjoy a great view of the water. fast friendly service

Visited April 2014
Los Angeles, California
“not very dramatic”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I wish I would like this place better. We were four adults dining in the restaurant. We had four appetizers, four entrees and a bottle of wine. The bill was over $300. None of the food was fantastic, my fish was too salty. The hotel spent money on new design, but the evening lighting is not good. Table setting is not that comfortable. For larger party (6) your choice is either to get a table with bench on one side with no view, or a large round table with a corner bench so I feel you are lost there. Also the location is not that private. You have people walking by in their sweatpants or screaming children running by. I think for that amount of money is better to get a taxi and dine in Laguna Beach in some fun restaurant. We were there during the day as well, and it is little better because at least you have a view. We waited long time but the food again, was just OK. The staff is very nice and accommodating.

Los Angeles, California
“Food was average, service wonderful, go during daytime”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Had dinner with a friend this past weekend. I wish I had researched the place a bit better. Though the view is beautiful, even with a reservation there is a wait list for a table by the windows. Also you may want to consider eating at lunch or an early dinner otherwise you are pretty much looking at your reflection.

The room is not very exciting and it looks like some lobby restaurant out of a sheraton, though they seem to have spent some money on it, you are not closed off from the lobby area and people are walking by to go to other parts of the hotel.

We had some mushroom flatbread on a corn type of dough and it was pretty bland. My lobster tacos were good and the lobster meat excellent (not chewy or crunchy). My friend has a seafood allergy and there is not much on the menu that doesn't have seafood. This is my fault and not the restaurant for not checking ahead, but I just thought i would put it out there if that helps someone else.

Where the evening was saved in a very big way, is when my friend accidentally spilled wine on his shirt (a lot) and Samantha the manager came to the rescue. She asked him for his size and within minutes returned with a Ritz Carlton branded polo shirt and saved the night. She is a keeper! If I can give my two cents on the menu, don't make it so crazy. It's souther California. Use what's around you, don't over do it. I've eaten in some of the best restaurants in the world and this was far from being one of them.

1 Thank JonathanDucrest