“Cliff Hanger” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cannons Seafood Grill

Cannons Seafood Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Cannons Seafood Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 142 Restaurants in Dana Point
Good for: Scenic view, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: PCH & Blue Lantern
Transit: Pacific Coast Highway
Sun City West, Arizona
“Cliff Hanger”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

What a stunning view of thePacific and the Dana Point Harbor! But the highlight is the people and the food. Went three times in a week as it was walking distance from our condo. All the dishes we tried were very good. Try the salmon, halibut, seafood skewers and especially the diver scallops in lobster sauce over linguine. It is all good. And the prices were reasonable.

Palm Springs, California
“Excellent Dinner and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

Tonight was probably our 10th visit to Cannon's over the last 5 years. We have never been dissappointed. Of course, the view is spectacular, but additionally,the service is fantastic. The staff is attentive but not overbearng or annoying. Food can't be beat. Tonight we had the coconut shrimp and the shrimp scampi over linguine....both excellent! I've seen some not so positive reviews, but I would certainly reccommend Cannon's to anyone who wants a quality meal and great service.

South Florida
“Enjoyable evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

Our view was breath-taking as our table was situated in front of a large window looking down to Laguna Hills bay. With tiny twinkling lights, soft colors of dusk falling, I was looking forward to lovely meal. Our waitress was understanding and very accomodating. We both ordered shrimp dishes and house salads. Everything came out perfect! We were seated in front of a rather large and very noisy party, but that could not ruin our experience. Everything tasted so great!
We had a fantastic dinner and that was all I could hope for!

Tx
“Not as good as I thought it would be”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

View was spectacular I have to say that. The drink I ordered was too sweet. My husband and son liked their meals (fish). I ordered the filet well done and parts of it were cremated too much. The Bearnaise sauce should have been on the side - too much and too rich. The mud pie was good. Service was average. Not too long of a wait but not great service either. Not sure I would visit again if in the area.

• Visited June 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Spectacular View, not so sure about the rest”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

My husband and I went to Cannon's recently on a visit to Dana Point, and had high hopes when we saw the view. We had a great table by the window and were looking forward to a good meal. Our server took a long time to come to our table, a long time to bring our drinks, and she took such a long time to come back for our order that we decided to eat elsewhere. It was not a busy night, so I'm not sure what the problem was but given the prices, we just didn't feel like we were going to get our money's worth and would be dealing with slow service all night. The restaurant itself seemed dated, and we left with the impression that the view was the best thing about the place, with not enough attention being paid to service and the food. Given the other mixed reviews, I guess your experience can vary but I'd rather spend my money on a better bet.

• Visited June 2013