“Spectacular View, not so sure about the rest”

Cannons Seafood Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Cannons Seafood Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 146 Restaurants in Dana Point
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: PCH & Blue Lantern
Transit: Pacific Coast Highway
Dallas, Texas
“Spectacular View, not so sure about the rest”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

My husband and I went to Cannon's recently on a visit to Dana Point, and had high hopes when we saw the view. We had a great table by the window and were looking forward to a good meal. Our server took a long time to come to our table, a long time to bring our drinks, and she took such a long time to come back for our order that we decided to eat elsewhere. It was not a busy night, so I'm not sure what the problem was but given the prices, we just didn't feel like we were going to get our money's worth and would be dealing with slow service all night. The restaurant itself seemed dated, and we left with the impression that the view was the best thing about the place, with not enough attention being paid to service and the food. Given the other mixed reviews, I guess your experience can vary but I'd rather spend my money on a better bet.

• Visited June 2013

Oceanside, California
“Best view and prime rib dinner are great!”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I've been there before and the loved the views the most and also like their happy hour and prime rib prime time special. The waitress was not professional this time- she did not give us the dinner bread, and prime rib dinner salad and did not apologize (just told us we were not specific). She charged us two items wrong. We drove 70+ miles to refresh the great memory but was not a good experience this time.
This place is extremely beautiful and majority of the wait staffs are wonderful; I hope next time I will have courage to go back without any hesitation.

• Visited June 2013
“Great Location with an Amazing View”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

This restaurant is located on a hill overlooking Dana Point. It is absolutely beautiful, especially while the sun is setting. The food is excellent and the service is great!

Visited August 2012
UK
“Lovely view and delicious food !”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We eat at the Chart House when we are on vacation in Dana Point because it is quite simply our favourite. This time, as we were there several nights, we thought we would also go to Cannons Seafood Grill as we had seen it on the web and it looked great.
The location is stunning as the restaurant has floor to ceiling windows with a direct view over the marina where you can also see the sunset. Very lovely view.
The car park outside the restaurant is spacious and self parking so there are no valet car parking charges.
The staff were delightful and we were taken to a table where we would not experience the noise of a larger party coming later who really weren't noisy in the slightest. The atmosphere was relaxed and happy and everyone was enjoying themselves. We took photos of the sunset as did a lot of other people.
Our food was lovely, I had lobster bisque (my favourite) and my husband had crab beignet which was very nice. Our entrees: I had crab cakes and my husband had scallop linguine in a lobster sauce - both delicious.
They brought a dessert menu which had some nice things on but I had seen on the main menu they did as a speciality a raspberry brioche pudding in a raspberry sauce so we ordered that between us. Wow it was gorgeous and I don';t usually eat desserts !
All in all a lovely faultless meal, excellent friendly service, a beautiful restaurant with magnificent views, ample self parking next to restaurant.
Very reasonably priced, around $50 per person including drinks (one glass wine each) and coffee.
We will be going back next year and will definately make a point of eating at Cannons Seafood Grill again.

• Visited May 2013
mission viejo
“great location ok food”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Great location but has a mildew smell inside, so we usually eat outside. Food is not equal to the price. In other words you're paying for the view. Service is friendly & the drinks are OK

Visited November 2012