“5 Star View - 3 Star Food and Service”

Cannons Seafood Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Cannons Seafood Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 146 Restaurants in Dana Point
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: PCH & Blue Lantern
Transit: Pacific Coast Highway
Reviewed April 11, 2013

It was raining the day that we ate at Cannons and the patio was not open. We had happy hour in the restaurant. I cannot say enough about the beautiful view - it is incredible. Unfortunately, the food was terrible and the service was not much better. I would recommend this restaurant for drinks only.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Food was so yummy, everyone loved their meal - we had coconut shrimp as an appetizer, and our group ordered the grilled scallops in lobster sauce, the swordfish, sea bass and fish and chips. Everything was delicious. The view of the harbour is spectacular and can't be beat!
We had a bit of a hard time finding it as it's quite tucked away into a cliff.

The restaurant is one big room and we had big groups around us so it was quite noisy and difficult to hear the discussion at our own table.

Also, although the food was great, i'm not sure it was worth the pretty hefty price tag.

It would be nice to see them add some sort of local catch to their menu, being right on the harbour we had expected some local, fresh fish.

Seems to be a popular wedding spot and I can see why. It would be a breathtaking location.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

We all agree that Cannons Seafood Grill has a spectacular view of the Dana Point Harbor. BUT what a scam to offer you jumbo/large shrimp from Mexico for $24.00.....all six of them that could easily be eaten in one bite each!! I almost laughed when they were served to me!! If we hadn't been celebrating someone's anniversary with ten others I probably would have said something.
Also their ladies room could use a new toilet seat that was losing its paint from all the wear and tear. That can't be too expensive to replace?!!

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Cannons has great views of the harbor and is walking distance from the Blue Lantern Inn. The food was good, but not amazing.

1  Thank SanDiegoMimi
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I recently dined here and was disappointed in the food. I ordered red snapper, which was the special, and was disappointed. I am pretty sure it was not red snapper. I buy and cook snapper all the time as it is a favorite, but this fish tasted and looked like cod or something else. Not bad, but I would not have ordered it if I had known. How could the chef not know? The service was fine, the best thing about Cannons is the view. I would go there again for drinks but not for dinner.