“Feels and tastes like home.”
Review of RJ's Cafe

RJ's Cafe
Ranked #2 of 146 Restaurants in Dana Point
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I adore RJ's Cafe! The waitresses are attentive but not intrusive. The food is decadent but not expensive. The location is secluded but not difficult to find.

Dogs are welcome on the patio and often make for great entertainment. There are heaters on the patio that will keep you cozy warm, even when an ocean breeze kicks up.

I highly recommend the Eggs Florentine with home fries well done. The servings are generous enough that you could divide it into two meals. And the coffee is strong and delicious with many options to add flavored creamers.

I drive 15 miles to get here. It's definitely worth the drive! Oh, and I would feel completely comfortable eating here alone with a book or just to people and dog watch.

Enjoy!

There are newer reviews for RJ's Cafe

Reviewed November 10, 2012

I always get the omelettes and they are killer. This place is small and busy so it's not a Denny's folks. If you have some time and want a great breakfast then give this place a try...you won't be sorry.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

I liked the fact that smaller portions are available for smaller appetites. Also lunch is offered during typical breakfast hours.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Stopped in for breakfast on a clear and sunny morning. Wow! This place is jammin'. I have several friends who recommended RJ's to me, and I'm glad I finally got here. As others have said, breakfast is amazing. Their selection is vast and all was good quality.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

This is one of the BEST breakfast spots I have ever been. I rented a beach condo this last year in Dana Point and everytime we came to town- we ate at RJ's every morning.

The cafe is small and there is usually a wait. But it moves fast and is worth it! They have indoor and outdoor dining.

The menu is long but I have never changed what I order- the Feta Spinach Scramble with Chicken. The salsa on the side is amazing too!!!

RJ is usally there chatting it up and it has a very small town feel!!

Awesome food, good price and GREAT atmosphere.