“Excellent Fresh Fish!”

Harbor Grill Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Harbor Grill Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 145 Restaurants in Dana Point
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Dana Point Harbor Drive
Description: You'll always enjoy the finest in seafood dining at the Harbor Grill Restaurant. We specialize in fresh, regional seafood cuisine, fine steaks and fresh oysters. To help ensure the mood is set just right, this is your opportunity to relax in the warm comfort of attentive service with your choice of eclectic wines and refreshing cocktails. For more than 33 years, John, Wanda and Keegan Hicks have been committed to providing the best, high quality seafood and steaks in Dana Point. You can watch our Chef prepare your favorite dish over our mesquite wood grill. Our innovative and unique menu allows you to enhance your meal with our selection of vibrant salsas, chutneys or spice rubs. Escape from the ordinary and feast upon our Pacific, New England and Cajun renditions of your favorite seafood and enjoy your choice of our rich sauces and flavorful broths which reflect the finest influences of Latin American, Asian and Indian cuisine. And remember, every Thursday is our special Oyster Day! Once you've enjoyed a great meal, get ready for dessert. Our Harbor Grill carrot cake is a legendary favorite with locals and guests. Equally tantalizing is our delicious, made fresh daily, Chocolate Blackout Cake, Mocha Mud Pie and the unforgettable Key Lime Pie. The Harbor Gill was an Open Table Diners Choice Winner for 2016 and is the only seafood restaurant in Dana Point that has been selected 5 consecutive times as the Best Overall Restaurant. Come, join us! Call and make your reservation today! Whether you choose the cozy dining room with live piano music in the evening, or the colorful garden patio with a view of the harbor - You'll discover we're both a favorite for the locals and a popular destination for visitors from all over the world who want to feel like members of the family on their first visit.
Santa Clarita
“Excellent Fresh Fish!”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I love this little restaurant in the harbor. They grill fresh fish and the servers are great. Whenever I'm in Dana Point, I try to be sure and eat here. Love the salmon with basil pesto!

Visited October 2012

Phoenix, Arizona
“Good fresh sea food, nice atmosphere.”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Upscale casual dining without being stuffy. You'd fit in wearing shorts & flip flops or a sport coat. In door & outdoor seating, we sat inside as it was a little cold. Piano player added a nice touch the night we were there. Menu highlights fresh seafood & they have a great wine list. Try the ceviche... it was VERY GOOD! For dinner I had the red curry scallops. They were prepared perfectly. Friend had blackened halibut and it good too. Service was great, very attentive.

Ladera Ranch, California
“dont miss this place”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

the food is great, the atmosphere is wonderful and try to get the outdoor seating. the service is good. that carrot cake dessert is wonderful.

Visited October 2012
San Diego CA
“Wonderful meal, excellent wine”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We ate here for my birthday dinner after a day of whale watching and it was absolutely WONDERFUL. Ahi and mahi-mahi were outstanding and the wine selection was really beyond our expectations. Beautiful location and view. Highly recommend.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Valerie P
“Kitchen struggled with "Mahi" dish; not once, but twice!”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I am on the fence between an average and poor rating because I firmly believe that if you charge what the Harbor Grill does, the kitchen should produce quality entrees. Not our experience at all! My wife and I took my father out for dinner - my food was OK - they both ordered Mahi, and it was awful. My wife sent her dish back, but the second plate came back just as poor. Pretty unbelievable; Mahi is a common dish, and should not be a challenge for the kitchen to cook.
I'm rating the establishment as average only because the response from our server was worthwhile; she was very polite and apologetic. The restaurant has a good ambiance as well.
The restaurant did not offer to take the Mahi dishes off the bill (we also did not ask), but did send out desert at no charge.

• Visited August 2012