“Great place after a day at sea”
Review of Jon's Fish Market

Jon's Fish Market
Ranked #29 of 146 Restaurants in Dana Point
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed September 20, 2012

This is a great spot after a day on a boat in Dana Point. Very casual seating on wood benches outside in a marina. You can buy fresh fish to take home and cook yourself or they will cook for you! Grilled halibut is the BEST!

Reviewed August 16, 2012

We visited a couple of weeks ago on a beautiful sunny day. It had been years since we had been to Jon's Fish Market, so we weren't sure how the food would be. As it turns out, the fish and chips were fantastic! I had the 2 piece combo and my husband, the 3 piece. When I got my plate there were 3 large lovely pieces of battered fish and loads of fries. My husband received at least 5 pieces on his plate-needless to say they were very generous with the portions. I absolutely loved the delicate batter on the fresh fish! It was a great experience, can't wait to visit Dana Point again.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Okay, the reviews on trip advisor said this place had GREAT food. After tasting fish and chips from San Fran down through Monterey to Dana Point the fish and chips here were yucky. Maybe standing alone without comparison to any other seafood in California, this restaurant might just be the best, but it wasn't. I ordered the 4 piece fish and french fries; huge amount of food (order and share would be the best but my husband went next door to the deli). The fish had a mediocre taste, bland, heavy batter and definitely not the best. Even the tarter sauce didn't help. The cole slaw was good. There is indoor and outdoor seating and free soda refills (you will need it). Even a couple hours after the meal that taste of grease still lingered. I wouldn't recommend.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

we love to buy fresh fish here, but the fried fish isn't very good

Reviewed May 28, 2012

I've been coming here for years b/c the fish or calamari is super delicious. The restaurant also has a large patio so you can enjoy the sun, music in Summer, and great ambiance . For around $10 you can get fresh fish and tasty tartar sauce or enjoy the combo with other fish and seasfood. It's a cute little patio in a busy little plaza that hosts other outside eateries and ice cream/desert shops and arts and crafts and shops.

1  Thank travelpnut