“Would give it an excellent if it wasn't for the price of lunch at Motif”
Review of Motif Restaurant at St. Regis - CLOSED

Motif Restaurant at St. Regis
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Niguel Road
Reviewed January 15, 2014

This review is for lunchtime at the Motif Restaurant (not brunch), I took my mother to celebrate her birthday here in December.It was a nice SoCal December day. It is a beautiful resort. The entrance makes it feel very grand. The food was very tasty, although not very large portions. Like most fancy places...you get a big nicely decorated plate with a small serving, but it did fill me up. From the silverware that was actually silver, the view, the service, everything was top notch. The waitress congratulated my mother and brought out a free chocolate desert as a birthday present. My aunt who joined us was awed by the beautiful landscape. Too bad it's not waterfront...you are a a good mile or two away from the beach but still a nice view. My mother loved the attentive service. If I could afford it, I would definitely go there more often but at $150 lunch for 3 people, it's just slightly out of my price range, but I don't regret it one bit, and I am still very happy I got to go and experience what 5 star service should be...even when its 4 star food.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

With most of our family far away we decided to go out for Christmas dinner. Of course one expects fewer choices and a pricey experience. Using one of our credit card services we made a mid-afternoon selection at one of our favorite past special places, the Stonehill Tavern at the St. Regis Monarch Beach. Armed with our reservation we valet parked and went to the Stonehill Tavern only to find it closed. It turned out that our reservation was at the Motif for a fixed price buffet. Disappointed but what do you do. We had an outside table and it was a beautiful day. Motif was packed with couples and families enjoying the Christmas day. The food was okay but the price for a buffet at $115.00 per person was over the top. I have no problem spending that kind of money on a special occasion for a great dining experience but not a buffet. I do not know whose fault the reservation mix up was the St. regis or the credit card service but shame on me for not checking. Lesson learned.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

The setting was wonderful and the staff very good to work with for our family dinner. We all tried various food options and loved each one. On the beach, great sunset, just a fabulous place.

Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

This is my first review on trip advisor. I went for my 12th anniversary to enjoy the brunch with my family and I have to say that I think it is the best brunch I have ever had. For starters the property is very lovely and the views are breathtaking! But over all The food was amazing! So many choices to count! The pancake bar, omelets, crab, sushi, the fried panko station and the bottomless champagne. But the real standouts was the staff Jason and Enrique. They did not miss a step! They were "ON TOP OF EVERYTHING" top notch all the way !!!!!!!!!

Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

While staying at the St. Regis, I took my family here for breakfast several times. The food was very good and the service as well. Beautiful view while eating. One waitress did seem to disappear briefly but long enough to frustrate me. I've been here for Sunday brunch which is great too.

1  Thank denjolu