“Picnic”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Key West, Florida
“Picnic”
Reviewed March 22, 2012

This place is in Dana Point..we grabbed sandwiches to go and had a picnic on the beach! Their food is out of this world! My mouth is watering thinking about coming back to Tutor's. I wonder how they came up with the name?

Visited June 2011

Dana Point, California
“Great for takeout - yummy sandwiches!”
Reviewed December 1, 2011

I like to visit Tutor & Spunky's occasionally. They have good sandwiches. In my opinion, they are a bit on the expensive side, but not too bad. Everything I've had there has always been delicious. The only thing I wish they would do differently is offer fresh roasted turkey instead of deli turkey.
Also, be prepared for a funky setup inside. It feels like a cafeteria, and if I recall correctly, they don't offer fountain sodas. This is a big deal to me because I think soda tastes SO MUCH BETTER out of a fountain than a bottle or can. They do have numerous other beverage offerings to go, so you won't have to leave thirsty. Also, the owner is a published author so he has his books out for sale. It's a little odd, but at the same time, it's kind of sweet and endearing. Overall, I like Tutor & Spunkys and will continue to visit whenever I'm in the mood for a delicious sandwich.

• Visited September 2011
“Great quality sandwiches.”
Reviewed July 20, 2011

You get what you pay for... Delicious quality! People were friendly and helpful. Perfect for lunch!

Orange County
“Excellent Deli”
Reviewed January 1, 2011

This deli is in a strip mall. The lines can get long during the summer, so phone in your order ahead of time. The sandwiches here are fantastic.

capo beach. ca
“Still the greatest!”
Reviewed December 18, 2010

Baguettes are fantastic. Back patio is a great place to enjoy lunch. I have sampled over a dozen different sandwiches from tutor & spunky's and I cannot rate any of them under 8.5/10 stars.