“Save your time and money”

Chart House Restaurant - Dana Point
Reserve with OpenTable
Chart House Restaurant - Dana Point is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 146 Restaurants in Dana Point
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pacific Coast Highway
Transit: PCH/Blue Lantern - bus
Description: From amazing views of the Pacific Ocean & Dana Point Harbor to unparalleled cuisine, Chart House is a feast for the eyes as well as the palate. Savor a seamless blend of fine seafood & steaks, while you enjoy the elegant atmosphere & impeccable service. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 30 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From top-of-the-catch seafood to succulent steaks, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as New Wave Sur & Turf, Macadamia Crusted Mahi & our slow roasted Prime Rib. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines & decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake.
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Seated 25 min after reservation. 16 minutes to first contact by wait staff or water. 1:25 min still no main course - is prime rib that hard to warm up in the oven? Won't be back. Save your time and your money.

2  Thank Hereisathought

Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Food was mediocre, not as good as I recall but maybe just an off night. View as always was great and so was the service. We went for a family birthday and bill was pretty big but we had appetizers, drinks and dessert. So not unexpected.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

The food was excellent. We were there for a b-day celebration and it was a nice touch to have the menus with the name on it. Some ordered the Halibut with shrimp and it was excellent. two others had the tuna entre and it was excellent also. The mud pie is their classic, the Crème Brule was also very good. Service was good and the parking is pretty much valet only and he has to work his butt off. My only complaint was the price. Entrées are easily $30+ with everything else and add on. You can hit $400 for 4 people real easily. I do love the salad bar.
One last thing--they need to clean that railing as you walk up or down the stairs..it is sticky and gross.

Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

We were there for a rehearsal dinner. The building and view were amazing! Food not so much. Chicken was dry, and the salmon was average. With such an amazing view and place we were expecting better food. Service was very good. I hope they improve the food. Overall we had a good time there with our friends. Probably a great place for drinks and appetizers with friends.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

I've been to many many Chart House restaurants over the years and have always enjoyed the food, service and ambiance. This was our first visit to this part of CA and several weeks earlier I had planned to dine at the Dana Point Chart House which is lovely with an incredible view of the Dana Point marina, coastline and Pacific ocean beyond. The wait staff was fine, not great but not bad either. The famous CH salad bar was wonderful as always. Unfortunately even though I was very clear that I was waffling between ordering my filet either medium or medium rare, it came back pretty much well done. The server agreed and back to the kitchen it went. The chef came to the table and presented me with a very rare filet ... so although a bit annoyed at this point I politely said I needed it cooked just a little more at which point he rudely grabbed the plate and stalked off with a grimace. By the time my steak came back my husband was almost finished with his meal. I would also add that the meat was not of high quality which is something I have not experienced at any other CH restaurant. The reason I rated this restaurant as Terrible is because the quality of the food and the attitude of the chef completely ruined an evening that I had looked forward to for weeks. Not to mention it was very pricey which would have been fine if it delivered. The view is probably worth going for a cocktail but plan on dining elsewhere.