“Pleasant surprise...”

Add it.
Besame Mexican Grill
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Crown Valley Pkwy.
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Our concierge wasn't personally familiar with Besame Mexican Grill. Because we prefer smaller, individually owned restaurants rather than corporate "chain" restaurants, we decided to give it a try. The service we experienced was very good. Our server was also tending bar and was a manager as well. Maybe we were just lucky, but he really handled everything beautifully. The menu was creative, the selections were extensive and the food was very good. The restaurant opened last summer, so hasn't been open long. I expect more positive reviews are in store. The location is fine...nothing special as its in a strip center, but do give it a try. We enjoyed our experience and would return.

2  Thank Bill A

Reviewed February 10, 2013

We visited this restaurant on vacation because of a Travelzoo coupon on a weeknight. There were only a couple other tables occupied when we arrived. The service was good. Our waiter was friendly and attentive. The strawberry margaritas were tasty if not particularly strong. There were chips with very spicy salsa on the table. We all enjoyed our food. I think we would go back if we lived closer.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I came here on a travelzoo deal on a Thursday night and boy was it a DEAL! 2 apps, 4 Margis and 4 entrees for $55. Now that’s a bargin! This restaurant is located in a random location (in my opinion) in the Gelson’s shopping center. I’ve heard rumors that the service was awful, but my experience begs to differ (now bare in mind we were 1 of 5 tables in the restaurant). The food is amazing, and the service was great (the waiters weren’t all in your face constantly like they are say in Rubys dropping your check right when you eat, it definitely has a bit of a European feel in that regard – Don’t come here if you want to be in and out in 20 minutes). We started off with the guacamole and the waiter’s recommendation of the quesadilla (it was cheesy, good, perfect to share and not greasy). I personally indulged in the Carne Fajitas (definitely has a kick to it, but it was very flavorful and came with some fantastic beans and rice), my friends ordered the Carne Asada Steak (cooked to perfection and very flavorful, also accompanied by rice and beans) and my other friend ordered the Tamale (the best she said she’s ever had). The Fajitas and Steak both came with tortillas and boy were they AMAZING – the flour ones must have been homemade. The Margaritas were not as strong as I would have liked and therefore next time I’d order wine. But for the food and service, I would definitely go back. Give it a try.

1  Thank TBiird
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We visited Besame for the first time on 1/15/13 due to a Travelzoo offer. The restaurant was about 75% full when we arrived at 7:30pm, and there seemed to be only three people serving/bussing/bartending for the entire place. When the servers did actually make it around to our table, they were attentive and brought us what we asked for. However, there were long stretches of time in between visits. We were ready to order within 7 minutes of arriving; however, our entire dinner lasted well over an hour.
We ordered the guacamole as an appetizer because I absolutely love guacamole and/or anything made with avocado! However, it was a bit watery which seemed to dilute the intensity of what should otherwise have been good flavor. Sadly, I would not be inclined to order that again (seriously, how do you mess up guacamole?!?!?).
Our main dishes consisted of the carne asada and the salmon with yellow mole sauce. Both were decent - not fantastic, but not terrible. The cadillac and cucumber margaritas were also just "okay," and certainly nothing to write home about. We may re-visit Besame again in the future, in hopes that the reviews online inspire the management to improve a few things. But if, after a few months, we visit again and things have not improved, that will be reflected in my follow-up review and we will not be going back to Besame. There are too many other good places in town to waste an evening on mediocre food and service.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We were really looking forward to our 'night' out and had purchased a coupon for margaritas, appetizer and dinner. The bartender was more interested in his social life than serving us, the guacamole tasted like lumpy water, and the food was plain. I had the spinach-mushroom enchilada which sounded amazing but wasn't. The restaurant was empty, yet the service was slow and we felt like we were a chore rather than guests...