“Best pizza in Orange County CA”
Review of Jack's Restaurant

Jack's Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 146 Restaurants in Dana Point
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Jack's Restaurant is a casual dining experience offering Turner New Zealand all natural meats and fish as well as italian cuisine. Dinner is served seven days a week starting at 5:00pm. Breakfast on Sundays 8:30-2:30 Catering and banquets are available. happy hour everyday from 5:00pm until 6:30pm in the bar and patio.
Reviewed October 13, 2010

I am from New Haven CT the home of some of the best pizza in the US (Pepi's, Sallies, and my favorite Modern). Now living in Southern California I was very disappointed with the pizza available in our area until I discovered Jack's in Dana Point. Jack the owner learned the pizza trade in New York City. One day I came in and asked for "a pie and a beer" (we call pizza "a pie" were I come from). The perplexed wait person didn't know what I was referring to. Then Jack came from the back and said "you must be from the East Coast ", knowing exactly what I was referring to. Relieved to know I was in "the right place" I ordered the pie and was completely satisfied. If you like a shell fish pie order the Turner Mussel Pie or any of the "on the menu" selections. You'll love it.

Reviewed October 9, 2010

loved the all natural menu, grass fed meats,organic vegetables, great ambiance, We felt like we were in soho. we'll be back

Reviewed September 13, 2010

My husband and I went to this restaurant when we were in town for a conference. The food was quite good and worth the price, but I was totally put off when the bill ($130 for an appetizer, 2 lamb dinners, and a bottle of wine) arrived with an advertisement to buy vitamin supplements with the owner's anecdotal story of their efficacy. I expect upsales at a place like Jack-in-the-box, not at an upscale Jack's. I'm sure he believes in the product, but the irony that he was peddling a product aimed at reducing high cholesterol did not escape me. The very fact that he's seeking additional sales in this manner destroys his credibility and the patron's experience. Would not return even despite a good wine accompanying a good meal.

4  Thank Pensiveplay
Reviewed August 29, 2010

Authentic Italian Food, plus ask for the daily specials.
Reservations recommended. Local hot spot. Also great wine selection. MeuterMedia

Reviewed June 12, 2010

My husband and I were staying at the Blue Lantern nearby and overheard someone talking about the food at Jack's. We happened to be walking by the restaurant early that evening and decided to look at the menu. The owner, Jack, was very friendly and helpful- even calling a nearby sushi restaurant to see if they were open (when we inquired about a good sushi restaurant). We decided to stay for dinner after looking at the menu.
So glad we did. We had the Blue crab crusted sole and it was amazing. I've grown up eating fish in FL, and this did not disappoint.
Great bartender- awesome cosmos!

1  Thank AprilR_10