“Read for a Response to Some Negative Reviews!”
Review of Jack's Restaurant

Jack's Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 146 Restaurants in Dana Point
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Jack's Restaurant is a casual dining experience offering Turner New Zealand all natural meats and fish as well as italian cuisine. Dinner is served seven days a week starting at 5:00pm. Breakfast on Sundays 8:30-2:30 Catering and banquets are available. happy hour everyday from 5:00pm until 6:30pm in the bar and patio.
Reviewed August 28, 2013

To those who have said that the "Owner is Insane" or that their experience was "Totally Tacky," let me just explain a few things. I have been going to Jack's at least once a week for the last two years. I am not employed by Jack's, and I am not being offered any kind of incentive to write this response review. I'm simply an adoring fan of Jack and his fabulous restaurant and staff.
So first off, Jack is nothing but a kind-hearted, caring individual who wants only the best for his customers and staff. I have only ever seen Jack conduct himself in a manner that is gracious and professional, so if someone is calling him "insane," I would consider that comment highly suspect. Perhaps the writers of such a scathing review conducted themselves in a manner that earned them an invitation never to return!
Next, on to the "Tacky" vitamin dropper - this is NOT a vitamin that Jack is selling in the restaurant. This is a very healthy liquid spice that Jack uses on some of his raw food dishes. I love it so much that I purchased a bottle from Jack and I use it almost ever day in my homemade salad dressing. The liquid spice is added at the table to preserve the nutritional value and give the best flavor. If someone thought that was tacky, they clearly didn't understand the nature and quality of what they were getting and the care that goes into those raw food dishes!
On to the food and ambiance - Jack's offers a very comfortable and friendly atmosphere along with a substantial menu with a number of delicious offerings. If you are someone who likes things with very little oil or butter, simply ask for that when you order. The food offerings at Jack's are very good and diverse! I would recommend trying the raw dishes with the Kung Fu Tonic (the delicious liquid spice that Jack's offers). Their Turner Salmon is also amazing, and their Bolognese is especially delicious with the whole wheat penne. Go to Jack's and enjoy a fabulous dinner! Reservations are definitely recommended!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Mediocre food. Pasta Primavera swimming in oil, green Lipped Mussels over Pasta with Chile cream sauce...tasteless. But...the tackiest thing I've ever experienced in a restaurant was when the waiter came to our table with a bottle of some sort of vitamin that obviously the owner is selling, and offered to put this liquid vitamin, with an EYEDROPPER, over our food! WHAT? Reminded me of the Lucy skit with Vegemita Vitamins! I think the owner needs to find a different venue for his vitamin sales. Maybe the swap meet?

1  Thank mm9960
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We are visiting Orange County and this restaurant was recommended for their happy hour. We tried it on a Monday so it wouldn't be too busy. The restaurant doesn't open till 5pm and we were a bit early so we walked around. The doors were open when we got back and we were seated. Other reviews we had read said the eggplant Parmesan was great. They weren't wrong. It was like eating lasagna. And the portions were like a meal other than an appetizer. We also had the calamari. We want to go back for dinner before we leave.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We ate dinner here on a Friday night and with a reservation. I was surprised that it was fully seated, but not folks waiting for tables. The food and service here are excellent and I would have expected long wait times. I would not consider this an expensive restaurant, but rather a great value with the attention to service and quality of the meal. All four of our group had excellent meals, the wine list is long and many options were available by the glass. The desserts were excellent and a good time had by all. This would be a highly recommended place to eat in Dana Point.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

my husband and I went to jack's for a quiet dinner one night. Food was good, although priced too high. The owner thinks its a fine dining establishment and it is not. My husband had a minor complaint and the server called the owner over. He proceeded to yell and scream, make a huge scene. My husband quietly said, "we will not be back" Owners response? "never come back and tell all your friends" So, that is what I am doing. If you want a fairly good meal at too high of a price. Go here. Just make sure that you don't have a complaint and that the owner took his meds that day.

2  Thank Lauren c