“Totally Tacky!”
Review of Jack's Restaurant

Jack's Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 144 Restaurants in Dana Point
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Jack's Restaurant is a casual dining experience offering Turner New Zealand all natural meats and fish as well as italian cuisine. Dinner is served seven days a week starting at 5:00pm. Breakfast on Sundays 8:30-2:30 Catering and banquets are available. happy hour everyday from 5:00pm until 6:30pm in the bar and patio.
Calabasas, California
“Totally Tacky!”
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Mediocre food. Pasta Primavera swimming in oil, green Lipped Mussels over Pasta with Chile cream sauce...tasteless. But...the tackiest thing I've ever experienced in a restaurant was when the waiter came to our table with a bottle of some sort of vitamin that obviously the owner is selling, and offered to put this liquid vitamin, with an EYEDROPPER, over our food! WHAT? Reminded me of the Lucy skit with Vegemita Vitamins! I think the owner needs to find a different venue for his vitamin sales. Maybe the swap meet?

Visited August 2013
1 Thank mm9960

Thornton
“Amazing happy hour”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We are visiting Orange County and this restaurant was recommended for their happy hour. We tried it on a Monday so it wouldn't be too busy. The restaurant doesn't open till 5pm and we were a bit early so we walked around. The doors were open when we got back and we were seated. Other reviews we had read said the eggplant Parmesan was great. They weren't wrong. It was like eating lasagna. And the portions were like a meal other than an appetizer. We also had the calamari. We want to go back for dinner before we leave.

• Visited August 2013
Naperville, Illinois
“Local Gem”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We ate dinner here on a Friday night and with a reservation. I was surprised that it was fully seated, but not folks waiting for tables. The food and service here are excellent and I would have expected long wait times. I would not consider this an expensive restaurant, but rather a great value with the attention to service and quality of the meal. All four of our group had excellent meals, the wine list is long and many options were available by the glass. The desserts were excellent and a good time had by all. This would be a highly recommended place to eat in Dana Point.

• Visited August 2013
dana point
“insane owner”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

my husband and I went to jack's for a quiet dinner one night. Food was good, although priced too high. The owner thinks its a fine dining establishment and it is not. My husband had a minor complaint and the server called the owner over. He proceeded to yell and scream, make a huge scene. My husband quietly said, "we will not be back" Owners response? "never come back and tell all your friends" So, that is what I am doing. If you want a fairly good meal at too high of a price. Go here. Just make sure that you don't have a complaint and that the owner took his meds that day.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Lauren c
Cannon Beach, Oregon
“Excellent referral from another restaurant”
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

On a busy Saturday night, they were very accommodating and sat us within 10 minutes with no reservation.
Service was very attentive, staff working very well as a team. Caesar Salad was good, but not the best I have ever had. Prefer the anchovies to be ground, not served on top. My wife described her trout as the best she has ever had. My seafood Alfredo was also excellent, with ample amount and quality of shellfish on a perfectly sauced pasta. Accompanied by a glass of Italian Pino Grigio, this made for a very pleasant evening.

Visited August 2013