“Birthday Dinner”

Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Blue Lantern
Transit: OCTA bus stop on the corner of Del Prado Ave and Street of the Ruby Lantern.
Description: Orange County's Authentic Italian RestaurantLocated in a historical home in the resort town of Dana Point, California, Luciana's Ristorante has been serving the Orange County community for over 25 years. The decor is reminiscent of a cozy European-style inn, establishing it as one of Orange County's most romantic restaurants. Awarded the Southern California Restaurant Writers gold medal since 1996, three stars from the California Restaurant Writers, Zagat's Survey "America’s 1,000 Top Italian Restaurants 2008" and an Award of Excellence for its wine list, Luciana's has been setting the standard for classic as well as innovative Italian cuisine. Whether visiting our cozy restaurant or Villa Lucia, our Bed and Breakfast and Cooking School in Tuscany, Italy, you are sure to experience the best and freshest combination of the old and new worlds.
Springfield, Virginia
“Birthday Dinner”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

This was the third year in a row my family treated me to Luciana's-and we have enjoyed it every time. We are from the east coast and go to Laguna Beach every year over my birthday. Luciana’s has everything (no kids menu, but whatever they want, they make). I have never had the same thing twice, neither has anyone in my party. Well, except the calamari. That is a given. I’m not sure we’ve ever had any leftovers. The wine menu is has anything you may want, especially California wines-with a reasonable mark up. This year I had the special ravioli-wow delicious-loved the crispy spinach! My husband inhaled the lamb special and it smelled and looked amazing. My son had the gnocchi, it too looked yummy and smelled super rich. Again, any pasta the kids want, they will put whichever sauce on they want-and the portions are LARGE-and there wasn’t anything left-they staff is pleasant and very cute-at least to me, switching different languages and completely attentive-

Thanks for another great birthday dinner!!!

• Visited July 2014

Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Good Italian Food”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

The house special which was 3 different kinds of sausages
served on pasta was delicious. The other dishes at the table were
good but not great. The atmosphere was a little heavy. However,
the place was packed on a Wednesday night and that must say something? Not sure what.

Visited July 2014
Dallas, Texas
“Wonderful Italian Food”
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

We chose this restaurant after reading a Trip Advisor review and are so happy we did. The restaurant is located in what must have been a home at one time. Casual and relaxed, like going to your Italian grandmother's house. The food was wonderful, and we eat Italian all over the US and lots of times we are disappointed but not this time ! Real Italian like being in Italy, perfectly cooked pastas in wonderful sauces, excellent fried callamari with a spicy marinara and terrific lasagna. If we had the time on this trip we would have gone back. Will definately be back on our next trip!

new york
“This New Yorker approves of this Italian Establishment!”
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Whenever we return from our Cali trips, we are racing back to New York to have a proper Italian meal. We miss great italian food every time we visit the west coast. I wish we found Luciana's years ago. we usually stay in the Newport area, and there is ZILCH in the way of authentic Italian up there. Luciana's is the real deal. I went there two nights ago, knowing I'd have many criticisms to write up, but I have none. The appetizers were wonderful, esp the sauteed calamari, fresh and delicate. The salad's were spot on--simple and unadulterated fresh mozzarella and fresh tomatoes. Had the Linguine Luciana's and the seafood was so fresh and delicious, the sauce was authentic and (DRUMROLL:) the pasta was al dente. Service was superb, and we felt like we were back home in New York having a local meal at one of our favorite italian spots. Just so this review doesn't seem too inflated with praise, I will say this: when we first sat down and were told the specials, I thought we were off to a bad start, because the waiter announced something in a Chimichurri sauce of some sort. Chimichurri in an italian restaurant? Never in New York. All of a sudden I thought the sauces would reek of oregano from a jar, and the pasta would be overcooked. I was delighted in everything our table ordered. I avoided the chimichurri whatever it was, and stuck to the delicious authentic italian fare on the menu. We will go back, and we are so thrilled to find the one and only italian restaurant in the SoCal area to serve food from back home. Service and Food were wonderful.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank cheryl o
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
“Great food - fantastic find!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My family arrived at this gem of a restaurant without a reservation at 7pm. We were told they wouldn't be able to seat us until 8:30. My five year old looked at the hostess with his big, puppy dog eyes. The next thing I know, the hostess was rearranging her reservations and was able to seat us within three minutes. As we walked to our table, we noticed the walls were adorned with all sorts of accolades for the establishment. It was very impressive. Our server was very knowledgeable of the menu and supplied us with the perfect amount of attention. Our food was amazing. We ordered two appetizers, Bruschetta, and shrimp scampi. They were both very tasty. My husband had the Bistecca alla gorgonzola for his main course. He loved every last morsel.
I ordered the tortellini di ricotta. It was prepared in a pink sauce and it was perfect. Just the right amount of pasta. For dessert we ordered Creme Brûlée and the mixed berry gelato. I must say, even have visited Italy, that the mixed berry gelato was the best I have ever had! This restaurant was so impressive. The owner even cleared our table when we were finished with our meal. If you are in the area, make a reservation and enjoy a very authentic Italian meal.

• Visited May 2014