“Tasty from the very first bite”

Luciana's Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Luciana's Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 146 Restaurants in Dana Point
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Blue Lantern
Transit: OCTA bus stop on the corner of Del Prado Ave and Street of the Ruby Lantern.
Description: Orange County's Authentic Italian RestaurantLocated in a historical home in the resort town of Dana Point, California, Luciana's Ristorante has been serving the Orange County community for over 25 years. The decor is reminiscent of a cozy European-style inn, establishing it as one of Orange County's most romantic restaurants. Awarded the Southern California Restaurant Writers gold medal since 1996, three stars from the California Restaurant Writers, Zagat's Survey "America’s 1,000 Top Italian Restaurants 2008" and an Award of Excellence for its wine list, Luciana's has been setting the standard for classic as well as innovative Italian cuisine. Whether visiting our cozy restaurant or Villa Lucia, our Bed and Breakfast and Cooking School in Tuscany, Italy, you are sure to experience the best and freshest combination of the old and new worlds.
Reviewed July 19, 2013

While Luciano’s has many inviting characteristics, it is the food that makes the small Italian spot a stand out for anyone who loves to enjoy a delicious meal. They have their own parking lot so, for a change, parking is not an issue. The interior with its exposed brick truly feels like a homemade experience. We had a reservation, which turned out to be a positive because even on a Monday night, it was packed. In addition to the legitimately delicious bread basket, I had their Insalata di Spinaci (Baby Spinach and Radicchio with Sliced Apples, Goat Cheese and Gorgonzola, tossed with Balsamic Vinaigrette, and topped with Caramelized Pecans - $8) and Capellini al Salto (Angel Hair Pasta with Fresh Roma Tomatoes, Garlic, Basil and Extra Virgin Olive Oil - $12). Those dining with me all enjoyed the Della Casa (house salad). One of my friends chose the Ravioli di Vitello (Ravioli stuffed with Braised Veal and Fresh Herbs served in a Wild Mushroom Ragu - $15) which I tried and it was tremendous and everyone else in our dining party ordered the Lasagna Bolognese (Lasagna with Ground Beef, Ricotta, Buffalo Mozzarella Cheese and Herbs, baked in Marinara Sauce - $16). While the lasagna sounds entirely basic, the taste was far from ordinary and turned out to be the most outstanding dish of evening. We finished our meal by ordering several desserts that we shared, all of which were exceptionally savory. If in Dana Point, this place is definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

The atmosphere here is great. The service, not so much. It took over 15 minutes just to get drinks of water and cokes served. The food was very good.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Had a DELICIOUS dinner for my Bf's birthday. The lasagna and the seafood linguine were both phenomenal. The atmosphere was cute and romantic. Service with quick and great, and they even brought my BF some bday ice cream. Definitely going back!

1  Thank Lglazer911
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Very Good Italian Food. Lots of flavor. Lovely setting. We fed six good sized people for $120 without drinks so I would definitely say it is a great value. Would definitely eat here again. Loved the house green salad.

1  Thank ulebwise
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We stayed at the Blue Lantern and walked over to Luciana's. My son and husband enjoyed their entrees. I was not that happy with the Veal Ravioli. I think there were too many mushrooms in it and I like mushrooms. The fly flying around was not that appetizing. Service was quick. If I lived in area I would try again.