“A Better Review Would Have Been In The Cards If It Were Not For The "Nickel & Diming"”

Peking Dragon Restaurant
Ranked #33 of 146 Restaurants in Dana Point
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed November 22, 2010

A dollar or two extra for rice even if you spend $50 or $75 for dinner and your meal comes with rice?

The menu says that if you substitute a dish on their family meals that you pay the difference. Well, I have found that at times when you chose a CHEAPER dish to substitute to, you often still get charged extra for the cheaper dish you picked? What's up with that?

You get the idea. A little less "nickel and diming" could pay big dividends in the long run. I'll be back.

1  Thank THEGUYFROMSOCALIF

Reviewed September 10, 2010

I have been going here for about 20 years. Shane, the owner is always there to greet you and while I am sure he doesn't know everyone's name he is very friendly and appreciates your coming in. The service is very good and some employees have been there over 10 years I know of. I always order the Honey Walnut Shrimp and it is excellent, my friend orders the egg foo yung and that is great too. I have eaten here with many different friends and they always want to come back, you will too.

1  Thank fishjet
Reviewed August 4, 2010

We had soup and two dishes: the Garlic Chicken and Lo Mein. We never had anything so bland. I had to add soy sauce to my food. On a positive note, the ingredients were fresh.

3  Thank wheelspinner
Reviewed January 16, 2010

Peking Dragon is hands down our favorite Chinese restaurant. We have been many times, taken family and friends, all agree food is fantastic. We have to drive 45 minutes to get to Peking and look forward to making the trip. Our favorites are the sizziling rice soup, garlic fried shrimp and garlic fried chicken followed by yummy "dessert" of honey glazed walnut shrimp. Shane the owner is friendly and welcoming and the wait staff effecient and courteous. The only way to judge the food and service is to go.....but you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank howe_r_u
Reviewed December 31, 2009

If you're in the mood for excellent American-style Chinese food, Peking Dragon's cuisine is some of the best I've enjoyed anywhere. It seems only fair to compare apples to apples—if you want authentic Chinese food, your palate would be better pleased to seek it out in one of the urban Chinese communities around the country. Nevertheless, the food, service, and ambience at Peking Dragon are all superb and your meal cannot fail to be enjoyable.

1  Thank TripTimothy