“soggy mess”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Seemed like a new restaurant
Description: Seemed like a new restaurant
Reviewed July 6, 2014

The waitstaff here were attentive and helpful...

...but the food?

Blech.

My burger had some weird tasteless (frozen for 5 years?) meat and my cutie pie's queso burger was literally an inedible soggy mess.

The fries---me, sweet potato, her french fries---were undercooked and in keeping with the soggy theme of the meal. Cornbread looked like a bio experiment; we didn't even touch it.

Even the beer was tasteless.

Avoid at all costs---better to go hungry!

Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

You are not going to see any Lambo's pulling up to this place. But what exactly do you expect to find at a bbq joint at a strip mall? We ate here on a fluke and were satisfied with our meal. It's got a Southern vibe, a blue collar feel and a menu that fits the bill. Having said all that, the views of the Pacific Ocean are pretty darn good!

Reviewed January 6, 2014

I really dont get it ! I have been to this place a number of times and I dont find it to be very good at all. They do show sports and thats a plus and they do have cold beer so I cant dismiss the place completely , but the food is not good at all and dont know anybody who thinks it is. The chilli is watery and tasteless and the hamburger meet not any better , I have had the pork and ribs before and wasnt impressed at all . We are not cheap when it comes to food prices but this place is very expensive . The french fries,beans and mac & cheese are not terrible but not good enough to save the meal and the world famous corn bread is nothing special . Normally I wouldnt be this hard on a place unless the really screwed up but Smokeys has a ton of guts putting this poor quality food out there at these prices and again I would be so harsh but I have been here a few times and nobody in any of our visits thinks its good . BBQ food is pretty subjective and if your fan of this place good luck to you I can think of more than few places within 10 miles that do a better job and charge a lot less the rib joint or the ribs at sun dried tomato's

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Great smoked dinner menu and fairly priced for the area. Service and noise level were not the greatest.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

After a long day at Disneyland we just wanted to grab something to bring back to the villa. We had seen Smokey's BBQ and decided to give it a try. We picked up some ribs and pulled pork sandwiches and they were delicious!