“Try the coconut syrup on your pancakes”

Stacks Pancake House
Ranked #1 of 146 Restaurants in Dana Point
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Breakfast and lunch. Has been open less than 12 months.
San Diego, California
“Try the coconut syrup on your pancakes”
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

Based on previous reviews, my wife and I ate breakfast here on a Monday during an overnight stay in San Juan Capistrano. We were not disappointed. We had the pesto, sun-dried tomato, and feta cheese scramble with a side of two pancakes to share, and we each had a latte. Total price was less than $20. You order at the counter, and they deliver your food to your table very promptly. Don't let the line outside the door intimidate you; it moves quickly. Try the coconut syrup on your pancakes. Delicious!

Visited July 2014
Nixon T, Owner at Stacks Pancake House, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience, John! We work hard to serve our customers delicious, affordable food and we're thrilled that you and your wife feel that's what you received. Thanks so much for the compliments on our coconut syrup - we love it too! Hope to see you again next time you're in the area. Best, Nixon Tanuwidjaja (Owner)

Alpine, Utah
“Now THAT'S a great place for Breakfast!”
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

When you're on vacation in California with your family of five it's difficult to get out of a restaurant for under a hundred bucks it seems; especially when you have three teenagers. This morning, we tried Stacks Pancake House near where we are staying, and man was it good! And was I ever happy when it came to only 38 bucks. The Florentine scramble with macadamia nut - banana pancakes? Yes please! Tomorrow, it's going to be the coconut pineapple pancakes. Inexpensive, delicious, and no 20% tip required because you wait in line to order. This place is tops, for pops!

Visited July 2014
Nixon T, Owner at Stacks Pancake House, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Hi Dave! Thanks so much for your great review. I'm thrilled to hear that you and your family had such a great experience with us! I really appreciate you taking the time to review us, and I hope that we'll see you again next time you're in the area! Best, Nixon Tanuwidjaja (Owner)
Dana Point, Ca.
“My New Favorite Locals Place”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Yes, I know they have been here a while, and I am so happy I finally tried it!
Limited hrs. so get there early. Only open for breakfast and lunch. The menu is very extensive. I have eaten here twice and ordered the same thing. the cajun roasted chicken sandwich. It is served on a fresh baked bun with your choice of one of several sides. I have had it with a side baby greens salad and house made macaroni salad. At a price of only $6.50 it is a great meal.
Breakfast selections are also served with the option of several different sides including potatoes, salad, toast and yes...their famous pancakes.
Happy to have a locals place to walk to and enjoy a good meal without spending too much.

• Visited June 2014
Nixon T, Owner at Stacks Pancake House, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words, Lois! We're so happy to hear that you appreciate our food and prices. Thank you for visiting us, and we hope that you will join us again soon! Best, Nixon Tanuwidjaja (Owner)
Irvine, California
“Amazing Breakfast”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

One of the best breakfasts I've ever had! Portions are huge and I wasn't able to finish everything on my own, but it was sooo good. There was a little bit of a line when we got there, and I get the feeling it's usually like this on the weekends, but would still recommend it to anyone looking for a really good breakfast spot!

• Visited June 2014
Nixon T, Owner at Stacks Pancake House, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Wow, thanks so much for the huge compliment, Jennie! We're so thrilled to have served you one of the best breakfasts you've ever had! We really appreciate your recommendation, hope to see you again soon! Best, Nixon Tanuwidjaja (Owner)
Calgary, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Super Value”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

This is a very small breakfast place . Food quality was very good Blueberry Pancakes were done perfectly . I really enjoyed the Californian eggs benedict . Busy during peak times had a five minute wait to order ( line up self order)

Extremely well priced best value in Dana pointe Very nice

Visited June 2014
Nixon T, Owner at Stacks Pancake House, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Hi Trailglobe, Thank you very much for your kind words! We're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your food and honored that you think us the best value in Dana Point! We can't wait to serve you again! Best, Nixon Tanuwidjaja (Owner)