“two more perfect breakfasts at stacks!”

Stacks Pancake House
Ranked #1 of 146 Restaurants in Dana Point
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Breakfast and lunch. Has been open less than 12 months.
Reviewed July 25, 2013

maybe i am biased, but i have been eating at this place since it first opened. i was a little skeptical at first when a breakfast place was taking over a nice coffee shop, but that was before i started eating here!

this place is CROWED, and for good reason. the breakfasts are excellent while being economical. you will probably have to wait, since it seems to be busy 7 days a week now, but the wait is time well spent. and what better place to stand in a line?

the new favorite is the eggs Florentine plate. It has eggs with some italian sounding cheese on it, potatoes cooked to absolute perfection, and the best pancakes i have ever had.

they opened up a new restaurant further inland, but i have not tried that one yet.

as i go past the Dennys as i come here, i wonder what those people in there are possibly thinking?

Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Loco moco. what what. Served with stirred fried rice doesn't get better than that. As good as in Hawaii!! Thought I died and gone to heaven. I had a taste of all my groups food from m&m pancakes to a ham and cheese omelette every thing was fresh and delish!!!!!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

The long line was a bit scary when we first saw it. Luckily it moved quickly and we were able to place our order in under 10 mins. There is no assign seating, first come first serve. Place your order and take your number with you.

I order the belgian waffle with the strawberry and cream. It was not overly sweet. The cream was fluffy. The belgian waffle had more of a pastry texture to it. The size was very generous!

I also tried my fiancé's loco moco. The saltiness of the sauce over white rice was perfect. Although if you just ate the spam by itself without the rice, it gets pretty salty, haha!

Price was good. Food was great. Service was excellent. Definitely will be back!

1  Thank cuetxpie
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

We lucked out and hit this place on a weekday morning, no line, no wait for table. I enjoyed the huevos rancheros, with the avocado on top. I would've preferred rice over the potatoes, seems a better match with the really yummy refried beans.

I enjoyed the breakfast very much but I wouldn't say it hit the ball out of the park. Just a good breakfast at really good price, considering the area.

I haven't found anything to match Kimmie's Coffee Cup in OC (Fullerton). Seems hard to find a sit down restaurant with waitstaff these days. Guess I'm old fashioned and don't want to order at the counter. :)

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We ate here on a Wednesday morning and it was busy as expected. The place is tiny and seating is VERY limited. We just came back from Maui, so this food did not compare to real Hawaiian breakfast but was good. I think that it was worth the wait and we lucked out on a table, so overall the experience was good.