Yes it's expensive. Yes it's industrial looking. Yes it's too big. But is there anywhere else that you get private beach service in California? Not that I know of and the service is great at the beach. Check-in and check-out was a problem and the hotel is a terrible design - think new orleans convention style; however, the surf and sand are to die for. Don't go on the weekend when a million obnoxious rich kids take over the pool. And eat only at Stonehill if you appreciate food...the restaurants in town are terrible.
As a note, The Montage is a much more beautiful hotel but it's twice the price and the beach is crappy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our AAA Five-Diamond resort overlooks the Pacific and offers private beach club access, with watersports, oceanfront golf, award-winning Miraval Life in Balance Spa, swimming pools, upscale dining, activities programs and more. Located in Dana Point, the resort offers easy access to a variety of Southern California attractions including Catalina Island, Dana Point Harbor, Laguna art galleries and events, Disneyland and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Monarch Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Regis, Monarch Beach Hotel Dana Point
- St Regis Dana Point
- St Regis Resort Monarch Beach