“Beautiful and Serene Atmosphere with Thougtful Service”

Monarch Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Dana Point
Reviewed October 13, 2009

We spent part of our honeymoon at the St.Regis, and I was very happy with the experience. The atmosphere is very relaxing, with tons of nooks to the property where you can escape. The service was incredible, from the champagne in our room as a surprise for our honeymoon to the helpful service at the concierge desk. This is definitely a secluded spot, so unless you drive, you are limited to the entertainment and food at the hotel (which, as one can imagine is pretty expensive). A great place for an escape though.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Monarch Beach Resort

Reviewed October 12, 2009

First off, I am a 38 year old female with OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder).
I would love to go places but staying in a hotel is the only thing that is stopping me from doing so.
This is the only hotel that is acceptable to me.
The place, service, food, ambience.
Been going to this place for 4 years now and still the great service we received the first time we visited it!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the St Regis for 3 nights and we enjoyed ourselves very much.The resort was very beautiful and the landscape was breath taking.Prices were very high but the service was excellent.We stayed by the pool bar most of the time.It was less stuffy and the food was very good.They have a spa where you can just relax and be waited on.This was a very high class place.They also have a shuttle that is offered that will take you to their beach club along the ocean.You get a beautiful view and great drinks but the service at the beach club was not that great the lady bartending was rude.We rented a car at the resort it was pretty reasonable and they were very helpful with directions to places we wanted to see they even printed out step by step instructions for us.I would stay at this resort again.

Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2009

It helps to be a buyer of travel services because we had a fabulous upgrade extended. The hotel is kept in excellent condition. Basically we felt like the only guests there.
the rooms are large, well appointed, and luxurious. I was not quite sure why I needed a butler. But, having coffee and tea brought to our room in the morning was a very nice touch. The kids loved the hot chocolate.
The beach is absolutely beautiful. You don't even mind taking the golf cart to access it.
The food was expensive but delicious. Hate to pay resort fees but unavoidable this trip.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 1, 2009

My wife and I stay at the St. Regis for our 10th anniversary. I intentionally mentioned this on the phone when I placed the reservation. Oh boy, did they pamper us. Not only did they upgrade us to a suite with Butler service, but they made us feel very special the entire stay. Great hotel. We'll be back, hopefully sooner than the 20th.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank floridaguy09
Reviewed September 30, 2009

My wife and I had a wonderful experience at the St. Regis Monarch Beach. I've stayed at all the top hotels in So Cal (Bacara,Ritz,Montage etc..)
The St.Regis Resort was by far one of the best hotel/resort experiences ever.

The staff and accommodations exceeded our expectations.The rooms are fantastic, ocean view, huge jacuzzi tub and incredible linen..What more could one ask for?

We look forward to visiting again in the near future.
Definetly two thumbs up!!

P.,S Dining at Stonehill Tavern (located in the hotel) was awesome!! 5 Star! Micheal Mina at his best.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JLH1
Reviewed September 30, 2009

I'm rarely impressed by a hotel, but St. Regis was top notch. My room was very nice, with a huge bathroom and sunken tub that I never had the chance to enjoy. I was there on business, and I thought the conference rate--$250 a night--was very good for this caliber of resort. Breathtaking views and gorgeous pool. I ate the conference food from their catering dept, which was good, but would have liked to have tried Michael Mina's restaurant. My impression, though, was that the hotel offerings were very pricey, since the regular latte I bought from the coffee shop was $5. Also, there's a really nice little bar, with an attached-open air terrace with an incredible view. Service was very good. If you're planning on using a shuttle to get to LAX, however, make sure you order ahead. I didn't, and the on-the-spot sedan cost was $200. Ouch.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Capri Laguna On The Beach
Capri Laguna On The Beach
#3 of 22 in Laguna Beach
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach R...
#1 of 21 in Huntington Beach

Been to Monarch Beach Resort? Share your experiences!