The minute you walk in and you are "wowed" with the views and the space. The rooms are really kept well. Mine had no view, on the pool 1st floor. It was still charming. Usually I get a view of the ocean. Quiet, comfortable, romantic, special, clean . . . everything to love. The spa is great - not as clean as it should be in the wet areas, though. Great staff. Downsides? Food and beverage are so overpriced you feel insulted ($4.50 for a can of coke, for example). That's it - the beach, the running paths, the workout area, the overall ambiance . . . it's all wonderful and special.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our AAA Five-Diamond sanctuary is sublimely located near Southern California's renowned destinations, including Catalina Island and Dana Point Harbor. Nestled hillside overlooking a private beach, discover an array of adventuresome experiences at our coveted Orange County resort. From thrilling water sports, to championship golf links, to acclaimed Miraval Life in Balance Spa, encounter lasting memories at our pristine coastal locale. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Monarch Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Regis, Monarch Beach Hotel Dana Point
- St Regis Dana Point
- St Regis Resort Monarch Beach