I have nothing but favorable impressions, wonderful memories and an outstanding recommendation for the St. Regis Monarch Beach. The staff is ultra-attentive as you would expect and check-in, check-out, help with activities and any possible request are handled flawlessly. I have stayed there 3 times over the last 6 years and the experience is always the same --- memorable and outstanding. I have also hosted a corporate meeting there and can say the same experience extends to even planning.
The grounds of the resort are superb. Plenty of walking trails, a nice botanical garden, adult and open pools, and spectacular balcony views of the ocean. I recommend paying more for an ocean view, but I have stayed in rooms without one and it was not a big deal because you will spend lots of time wandering the grounds. The best thing about the resort is the access to the Monarch Bay Beach Resort. A tram takes you down at all hours of the day it seems. Monarch Beach is great and the Monarch Bay Beach Club will make sure you get your chairs umbrellas, body boards, surf lessons and anything else you want. The ocean is great for body boarding and surfing here. Life guards are on duty and attentive. And the beach is generally not that crowded. If you wander the far end you will find nice tidal pools. Best surfing is to your left, just where Salt Creek enters the Pacific or further down in front of the farthest life guard station.
Dining at the resort is a real highlight. Michael Mina's Stonehill Tavern is one of my top 5 and the tasting menu is always phenonmenal. Crust is handy for tea and breakfast. The lounge offers high tea and phenomenal sunsets. The Monarch Bay Beach Club offers beach side dining and a nice menu in or out.
The spa is also world class. Great facilities, work-out equipment and superb staff.
This is really an outstanding option for those who can afford the best.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our AAA Five-Diamond resort overlooks the Pacific and offers private beach club access, with watersports, oceanfront golf, award-winning Miraval Life in Balance Spa, swimming pools, upscale dining, activities programs and more. Located in Dana Point, the resort offers easy access to a variety of Southern California attractions including Catalina Island, Dana Point Harbor, Laguna art galleries and events, Disneyland and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelUp, Agoda, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone and HotelQuickly so you can book your Monarch Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Regis, Monarch Beach Hotel Dana Point
- St Regis Dana Point
- St Regis Resort Monarch Beach