This place is excellent. Excellent service, excellent grounds, excellent amenities, excellent rooms. We opted for the executive suite with, yes, a butler. And, we took advantage of the opportunity. My husband had his clothes pressed and his shoes shined. French press coffee on the veranda in plush robes every morning. Decadent. The best part was they found out it was my birthday and had champagne waiting. He even walked all the way out to the hot tub to tell us we had secured our dinner reservations. He let my daughter name him. So sweet. I cant say enough about the food and kindness of the staff. There is a drink with Gin and Lavender that you just must try.
The beach club was also incredible. They have a bar outside, set up your umbrellas and chairs, and really are very nice. There is a shuttle you take to the beach. And, try to go even if they seem full. Oddly enough a table opened up and we had a corner view for dinner!
I think my only caution would be stay away on 4th of July unless money is no object. For the price of the room, and it was not inexpensive, as an spg platinum I had hoped for a stellar upgrade. There were none to be found as it was fully booked. They did manage to keep us in the same room all three nights. When I go to other spg hotels and pay the rates I paid (ouch) it is a different experience. I even booked a hotel on points in Sacramento (had to cut back after the St Regis decadence :) ) and they upgraded us to the penthouse. But with that said, I realize it is only upon availability.
On that note, it was interesting to watch an employee of a 6 star resort treat paying guests rudely. We were waiting for the shuttle and she and her potential beach club members jumped on ahead of us even though they arrived in line after. I mentioned it to the manager and he was very kind. Insisted on buying me a drink which wasn't necessary but he acknowledge the poor choice. The hotel is so spectacular you cannot stay focused on something like that for long but it was interesting to watch that even happen at a 6 star resort where service is usually impeccable.
We will be back very soon. This place is really a great option for a couple days of decadence.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our AAA Five-Diamond sanctuary is sublimely located near Southern California's renowned destinations, including Catalina Island and Dana Point Harbor. Nestled hillside overlooking a private beach, discover an array of adventuresome experiences at our coveted Orange County resort. From thrilling water sports, to championship golf links, to acclaimed Miraval Life in Balance Spa, encounter lasting memories at our pristine coastal locale. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Priceline, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Monarch Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Regis, Monarch Beach Hotel Dana Point
- St Regis Dana Point
- St Regis Resort Monarch Beach